If you play Scrap Mechanic using a controller but you keep getting the Controller Connection Error, this guide will provide a solution for you that fix the problem, let’s check it out.
How to fix it
1. go into a world, and place down the engines your broken creations have, and then some different (working) engines of the same size that you want to swap them out for. Save each engine individually as a blueprint, and remember or note which order you saved them in. I recommend doing this for both the gas and electric variants.2. find the blueprint files. They will be in users >> (your account name) >> appdata >> roaming >> Axolot Games >> Scrap Mechanic >> User >> User_(long number) >> blueprints. In the search bar to the top right of the window, type date:today.
3. Find the correct blueprints. If you scroll down a bit, you will find the blueprint, description and icon files for the engines you saved as blueprints earlier, in the order you saved them in. You should be able to open the blueprint files in notepad.
4. find block IDs. Since you saved the engine blueprints as single blocks, there should only be one longish line of text in the file. There will be the text “ShapeID”:”(string of letters and numbers)”. Copy this string of letters and numbers, and make sure you know which engine those characters refer to. Do this for every engine so that you have a list of what ID each engine has.
5. Fix blueprints. Load microsoft word or another similar application, and copy the blueprint file you wish to fix into it. Use the find and replace feature (Ctrl+H for word) to replace every instance of the broken engine ID with the working engine ID. Now copy/paste the new file back into the original document, and save it. Load up the game, and spawn in your blueprint. It should work perfectly, though if the new replacement engines have different power levels you may need to adjust them manually. Hope this helped!
That’s all we are sharing today in Scrap Mechanic How to Fix Controller Connection Error, if there are anything you want to add please feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll see you soon.
Credit to FreedomMoped
- Barotrauma How to Fix Downloaded Submarine Not Appearing in Submarine List
- Half-Life Alyx: How to Fix Subtitles not working
- Serious Sam 4 How to Fix AMD ERROR (atidxx64.dll)
- Burnout Paradise Remastered How to Fix Black Screen Glitch
- Mount & Blade II Bannerlord: Khuzait Heavy Lancer Fix