For Don’t Starve Together players, this guide will show you how you can quadruple your KLEI points and spools and how you can unlock characters with spools for free or much cheaper than buying them for the full price (8 EUR).
HOW TO UNLOCK?
You can collect Spools trough three different methods, that are described in this guide below:
– by receiving rewards items trough gameplay and then converting them into spools.
– by buying items on marketplace and converting them into spools in-game.
– converting KLEI points into spools on KLEI webpage.
WHAT ARE SPOOLS?
Spools are ingame “currency” for unlocking characters or crafting special curio items in-game.
HOW TO UNLOCK CHARACTERS?
There you can see all your characters and the one, that are sleeping (see picture below) can be bought for real money or unlocked by spools:
Then you click on that characters and the following windows will pop up:
Click WEAVE and you can see how much SPOOLS you need and you have to unlock character:
HOW TO GET SPOOLS?
- First most easy method is to daily login into the game (main menu) and receive ONE item per day (or sometimes chest with multiple items). You can then Unravel (destroy) that item and get spools for it.
- Second method is to just play the game. This way you can get up to 8 items per week. Drop rate are random and first one usually drops by 30 minutes of gameplay. You must be playing on online server, to receive the drop. Drops reset on Thursday at around 2:30 pm PST.
Together with daily login item reward you can get up to 15 items for free per week. Problem with this method it can be slow because some items can unravel for only 5 spools.
- Third method is to buy ingame items from steam marketplace and unravel them for spools. See guide further for instructions which items are worth to buy.
- And final method is to redeem Klei wepage links, that contain rewards like Klei points or spools on Klei Webpage. Also you can create multiple accounts and collect same reward link on all of them, and then transfer points into one account. See guide further for webpage links.
HOW TO UNRAVEL?
You go to your ITEM COLLECTION page in-game and click on CURIO CABINET and there you can browse trough your owned skins (for character skins click on any of them).
You can UNRAVEL any duplicate items for spools without losing the skin. OR if you don’t like the item you can unravel it and it will be destroyed in exchange for spools. You can see total amount of spools in your TOP LEFT CORNER.
BUY CHEAP ITEMS ON MARKETPLACE
Each item can be uraveled for 1350 spools. So you only need two and you have enough spools to unlock one character (2700 spools). So instead of paying 8 EUR for character, you can unlock character for around 1.5 EUR (price may vary depends on supply/demand on marketplace).
GET FREE SPOOLS FROM KLEI WEBPAGE
On the webpage you can collect KLEI points who are webpage only currency and you can exchange KLEI points for spools or for the in-game items. It cost 4000 KLEI points to get 1500 spools. This process is repeatable, so you can exchange coins for spools indefinitely.
WHERE CAN I FIND NEW KLEI LINKS?
You can find them yourself on update news from Don’t Stare Together
QUADRUPLE YOUR KLEI POINTS AND SPOOLS
Redeem all the KLEI links on all accounts, so you get on all new accounts KLEI points and spools. Then when you wish, you can merge accounts and all KLEI points and spools will be transferred into one big account. So this way you can get 4x spools and Klei coins if you reddem old working KLEI links and subscribe to newsletter the first time.
When you are ready to merge, go to settings and click on merge account. Then the process will ask you to which account spools and KLEI points will be transferred. Also you must agree on all boxes below and type MERGE ACCOUNTS.
WARNING: all accounts must be created with same e-mail address or merge will not work!
That’s all we are sharing today in Don’t Starve Together How to Unlock Characters for Free, if you have anything to add, please feel free to leave a comment below, you can also read the original article here, all the credits goes to the original author Svecka
- Don’t Starve Together: Commands & Console Guide
- Don’t Starve Together: Winona’s Stats, Gadgets and Abilities
- Don’t Starve Together: How to Bind Emotes to the Function Keys
- Don’t Starve Together: Ultimate Character Combos List
- Don’t Starve Together: How to Fight Seasonal Bosses