The Outer Worlds doesn’t support fullscreen ultrawide resolutions, only windowed fullscreen. Increasing FOV surely helps, but here’s some values to change to be able to play the game in fullscreen mode with an ultrawide monitor.
Go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Indiana\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor and edit the following values in the GameUserSettings.ini file:
I also changed the FOV to 110 that seems to be a good value for me at this resolution:
And then, if you want, you can add this string in the Engine.ini file to remove the blurry chromatic aberration:
If you change any settings in-game, these files will be overwritten, so you have to make them read-only, and remember to not open the settings menu or you’ll be stuck in a loop if you say “No” to the request of applying the new settings.
That’s all we are sharing today in The Outer Worlds Ultrawide Fullscreen Fix, if there are anything you want to add please feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll see you soon.
Credit to SnailMango
- Death Stranding How to Remove Black Bars in Ultrawide Resolution
- DOOM Eternal: How to Disable Anti-aliasing
- Outer Wilds How to Fix Random Stuttering Issue
- Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection: How to Fix Game Crash
- Scrap Mechanic How to Fix Controller Connection Error