Usage guide, and tips & tricks, for the block selection hotkeys added in Mindustry 5.0 build 100.
- Press a number key to select a category. (e.g.  switches to distribution.)
- If you quickly press another number after that, you’ll select the appropriate number block. (e.g. [3,1] selects conveyor.)
- For blocks after the 10th one, you can “dial” a 3rd number to select those. (e.g. [3,1,2] selects mass driver.)
- The “dialing combo” for each block is listed in its hover info. (This can be turned off in graphics settings.)
- Each category remembers your last used block, so you don’t always need to dial the full combo.
- If you only want to use number keys to switch categories, you can set the “block selection timeout” to 0 in game settings.
This control scheme is intended for use with controllers.
- Cycle through block categories by pressing previous/next category keybinds (default: comma and period).
- Choose blocks with arrow keys.
- Each category remembers your last used block.
Hold the “follow mouse” keybind (default: mouse back button) to have the ship follow your mouse.
MORE GAME GUIDES FOR YOU