If you play Command & Conquer Remastered Collection and want to know which tank is the best tank, this guide will provide all tanks data, let’s check it out.
These are the raw statistics for the Light, Medium, Heavy and Mammoth Tank, taken from the game files and calculated according to the country-specific bonuses (see below). I have included the unit price, the attack strength, weapon cooldown, damage per frame, hitpoints, speed, attack range and sight range. I did not list unit build time because it correlates with the price anyway and I didn’t want it to be counted twice.
* in Frames
DPF (Damage per Frame) = Atk/Cooldown
Score = (DPF*10)+(HP/100)+Speed+Atk R.+Sight R.
Efficiency = (Score/Cost)*100
Rank = most efficient to least efficient
Now, what can be said about these results?
- The bigger the tank, the less cost efficient it is.
- According to this analysis, the French Light Tank offers the best performance for its price. The French bonus has the biggest impact in the effeciency rating overall.
- This can be explained with a simple example: Compare two French Light Tanks with one Russian Mammoth Tank. For 1400$ you get two fast-moving LTs with the equivalent of 600 hitpoints and an accumulated DPF of 1,38. On the other side, you need to pay 1530$ for one slow-moving tank with the same 600 hitpoints and a DPF of 1,00.
- Am I saying two French LTs can destroy a Mammoth Tank in a 1 vs 2 battle? Certainly not, because the Mammoth would destroy one of the LTs which would cause a damage falloff on the Allied side. Also, the Mammoth would start regenerating once its under 50% hitpoints.
- The Greek Medium Tank outranges every other tank with its cannon.
- The French Light Tank is the fastest shooter.
- Both the Ukrainian and the Russian Heavy Tank are able to make up for one lacking feature compared to the Medium Tank. Either the price or the movement speed.
- Interestingly, the Soviet Heavy Tank has exactly the same amount of hitpoints as the Allied Medium Tank. It does pack a bigger punch with its dual cannon, though.
- Despite the decent hitpoint pool of the Soviet tanks, it is difficult to get them repaired if they are losing the battle. They are usually too slow to get them back to safety once the enemy starts to overwhelm them and Soviet commanders don’t have a unit to perform field repairs. This results in a total loss of valuable units.
WARNING: These results should be taken with a grain of salt for a number of reasons:
- The Mammoth Tank, which gets the lowest efficiency rank of all, does have some extras which are special and were not taken into account here: it heals itself up to 50% for free and can attack both infantry and aircraft with powerful rockets. Due to this, one needs to add some extra points for its rating.
- Both Soviet tanks seem to be less efficient compared to their Allied counterparts. But on the other handside, they focus more power in a single unit. This can be very advantageous in constrained areas. With the relatively weak pathfinding in the game, attacking with a horde of weaker units can be awkward. Masses of units can only play out their strengths in large, open areas where they can tear apart their enemies like a wolf pack.
- For reasons explained above, I did only analyse four units. However, the two factions consist of many, many more units plus unique defensive buildings. Therefore, winning or losing depends on more than just the cost efficiency of two units.
- Ultimately, you should always choose the faction which you like most or which fits your playstyle best. Having fun playing is most important!
That’s all we are sharing today in Command & Conquer™ Remastered Collection All Tanks Data (Red Alert Tank Breakdown), if there are anything you want to add please feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll see you soon.
Credit to Pa3s
- Command & Conquer Remastered Collection Red Alert Soviet Campaign Mission 5 Distant Thunder Guide
- Command & Conquer Remastered Collection Not Starting (Missing Sidebar)
- Command & Conquer™ Remastered Collection Secret Ant Mission How to Unlock
- Command & Conquer™ Remastered Collection Secret Dino Mission How to Unlock
- Command & Conquer Remastered Collection How to Fix Crashing And Not Launching