The fastest way to earn money in We Happy Few (without cheating)!
Baby You’re a Rich Man
This can be done in a single playthrough; I managed to gain double the recommended amount following this simple strategy! You will need:
- To have spoken with Ollie at the bunker in the Victory Memorial Camp to start the quest “Band of Brothers”
- Room for two bags of sugar and five Histoplasma mushrooms
- Lots and lots of glass bottles
- (Optional) To have completed the “Mastermind” quest
- (Optional) A weapon to be on the safe side
If you’ve been using glass bottles as a weapon/distraction tool for most of the game then now would be a good time to stop; this is a much more cost-effective use for them. Glass bottles can be found just about everywhere, from where they first appear en masse in the Headboys camp, to rubbish bins, waste bins and even post boxes. Even having just one in your inventory is enough to make a small profit, on their own selling at £3 each and taking up a measly 0.2lbs worth of space for every one you carry. With this trick you will be able to quintuple their value and only double their weight allowance!
Inside the bunker, on the table, is Ollie’s recipe for Strange Alcohol, you’ll need it in order to start the quest. From the bunker, head to the distillery in the woods. There should be a large poster near the bunker that’ll give you your bearings. Pass through the bog nearby, making sure to pick up at least five Histoplasma (the purple toadstools growing nearby) to avoid a return journey.
Andy Alim is the only guard on duty at the distillery and he’ll largely stay out of the way unless you make a lot of noise on purpose. If you don’t have two bags of sugar yet you’ll want to take him out before you can climb a nearby tree to find some, as otherwise it’ll definitely get his attention. Follow the instructions as prompted (turning the valves, pouring the sugar, etc) to complete the “In The Still Of The Night” quest. Now simply fill all your glass bottles with the mixture (if you have 90 glass bottles, this will take about 8 minutes to do) and take them back to your pneumatic stash! If you’ve already unlocked the hatch to Maidenholm, you can sell the mixtures for £16 per bottle, an incredible profit. Just be wary – if the shopkeep runs out of money to give you, you’ll have to find another one to sell to. You’ll only need to sell about 70 or so to unlock the achievement, and then you’ll never need to worry about money again!
- Urban Tale: Cook, Prepare and Sell Guide
- Medieval Dynasty How to Make Easy Money
- Horizon Zero Dawn How to Unlock “Shield-Weaver” Outfit (Power Cells Locations)
- Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Money Making Guide (2 Million per Hour)
- Narco Strike: 100% Achievement Guide