Here is a comprehensive guide on gaining a large number of units as fast as you possibly can.
Please note there’s a video for those of you that prefer it and the method starts at 3 minutes in which is where the following link will take you:
Inventory Slots – The more slots you have in your inventory means you can carry more things. This will result in you being able to carry more stacks of valuable items which is needed for this method of trading.
Economy Scanner – This can be found at the Anomoly and purchased using Nanites. The main purpose of the scanner is to find trading outposts which operate on a separate supply system. Ultimately you’ll get even more stock.
Warp Drives and Warp Upgrades – It’s optional, but being able to warp numerous times without having to refill, and being able to warp far away is very convenient.
There are three different categories of solar systems that determine whether or not they will have a large inventory of items. These are shown when you hover over a solar system right below the race identifier. Be aware that you might need an economy scanner to see this.
Tier 1 Solar System – Terms used: Declining, Destitute, Failing, Fledgling, Low Supply, Struggling, Unsuccessful, Unpromising. These solar system have the least amount of items available for purchase and if you are starting off then you are most likely going to be using these.
Tier 2 Solar System – Terms used: Adequate, Balanced, Comfortable, Developing, Medium Supply, Promising, Satisfactory, Sustainable. These solar system have a moderate amount of items available for purchase.
Tier 3 Solar System – Terms used: Advanced, Affluent, Booming, Flourishing, High Supply, Opulent, Prosperous, Wealthy. These solar system have the highest amount of items available for purchase.
To my knowledge this is the main factor that needs to be taken into consideration as I mainly go to tier 3 solar systems. As of right now, I make around 120,000,000 units just from one warp because of them. Even if you start at a tier 1 solar system, as long as you follow this method you will gradually gain units.
To make this easier I will show the method as a step by step process.
1. Warp to a tier galaxy of your choice and visit the space station.
2. Buy any of these items; Cobalt, Ionized Cobalt, Salt, Chlorine, Gold, Silver, and Platinum.
3. Exit the terminal and go down to the docking area and buy some of the above products from as many pilots as you wish.
4. Before leaving the space station make sure to buy an inventory slot for your exosuit if you need to do so or if possible.
Trading Outpost (Optional)
1. Use the Economy Scanner by hitting down on the DPad on the controller or using X on the keyboard, after go over to the cogwheel which labeled as utilities and the scanner should be there if installed. After using the scanner it will pinpoint the location of a nearby trading outpost.
2. Land at the trading outpost and interact with the trade terminal. First go to the buy (don’t buy anything yet) IMPORTANT: Search for the items that you purchased before, then go to the sell screen and sell those selected items. This will bring the demand for the resource significantly lower resulting in you being able to buy it back for less units.
3. If you haven’t already, buy back the resources you sold.
After completing these steps you want to head back to space and warp to another tier solar system of your choice. Follow the same process and search for the items in the terminal and sell those items that you have. For example, I’d search to see if the terminal had cobalt and then I’d sell my Cobalt.. I’d do that to each individual item that I have. I’d then buy back all of the items. This is a really good method because you only get more from it.
- No Man’s Sky Gadgets Guide to Getting Almost Everything
- No Man’s Sky: How to Be Rich
- Bloons TD 6: Money Farm & Druid Infinite Money Method
- Star Valor: Newbie’s Guide to the Galaxy
- Killing Floor 2: Items Quality and Rankings