This will increase the chat character limit from 32 to 128 (though other values up to 255 should be fine with this method, if desired).
All that needs to be done is as such:
- Open EDF5.exe in your hex editor.
- At offset 490880h, replace 6 bytes with B0 80 0F B6 C0 90
(the second byte, 80h, is the limit and can be changed further if wanted).
- At offset 49486Eh, replace 14 bytes with 41 B8 A8 02 00 00 90 44 89 86 40 09 00 00
(note: the A8 02 00 00 (2A8h) is the width of the chat dialog).
- Save EDF5.exe.
Written by Souzooka
- EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5: How to Fix “Mouse Jittering”
- EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5: How to Disable Chat Censorship
- Cities: Skylines – How to Create Your Own Cargo Trains
- [Fixed]Soulworker: Fullscreen Bug
- Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders Editing Text Guide