If you want to play Aliens: Fireteam Elite, but you only have a PC with Window 7, this guide will explain how to play Aliens: Fireteam Elite on Windows 7, let’s check out how.
Instructions on how to play the game on Windows 7
1) Navigate to your System32 folder (e.g. C:\Windows\System32)
2) Locate the “xinput1_3.dll” file
3) You MUST copy the file to another directory, DO NOT attempt to rename the file within the System32 directory. Copy “xinput1_3.dll” from your System32 directory and paste it into a different directory (e.g. Desktop)
4) Rename the newly copied “xinput1_3.dll” to “xinput1_4.dll”
5) Cut or copy the now renamed “xinput1_4.dll” into your System32 directory
6) Play the game, enjoy!
Some troubleshooting notes: if unsuccessful you may need to restart your PC after making and copying the new .dll file. Also be sure that your Windows 7 is as up-to-date as it can be, particularly the .NET framework. Also note that this workaround will enable many other “Windows 10 only” games to run on Windows 7, check my other guide for an additional workaround involving ReShade.
- Aliens: Fireteam Elite How to Modify the FOV
- Aliens: Fireteam Elite Disable Vignette Effect
- Aliens: Fireteam Elite Secret Perks and Weapons
- Aliens: Fireteam Elite Complete Collectible Locations Guide
- Aliens: Fireteam Elite Guide to Improved Bots