Kiryu will run into a reoccurring character throughout the Yakuza series, Mack Shinozuka at the end of Chapter 4. They are pretty funny and are par for the course with the humor we know and love from this series so def check them out. Each revelation will be preceded from a text/email by Mack telling you about what he is seeing for Kiryu to check out throughout both Kamurocho and Okinawa. So if you never got a text from him describing the event, it cannot be acquired at that time. They are easy to find, just look for something that is “out of place” in your surroundings.
You will need to go into first person mode to trigger the QTE for you to react to. Once you take your 3 pictures you are asked to select a caption which if you get the correct one, you will get a new move set whether it be a heat action or a finisher. (if you fail, you will have to do it again from the start). You will know if you get it right if there is a quick cutscene of Kiryu acting out the move in a black/white fight scene.
Note: there is no achievement triggered for this event. It’s mainly there to increase your combat options and the Soul Stone which is really useful if you’re playing on Legendary.
While these will help you with normal and boss fights, mainly they are for the coliseum battles where you need to vary up your move set to increase your popularity with the crowd to progress through that quest.
While you can get these revelations at any time during the game (after they have unlocked) please note the time of day restrictions.
Note: there is no achievment triggered for doing all of this. The main reason is to increase your combat options and to get the soul stone which can come in handy if you’re playing on legendary. Also the QTE are pretty funny.
Essence of Jumping
Use Caption: “Leap, flip, and stick the landing. Magnificent.”
Notes: Unmissable Revelation and required to move story forward.
Essence of Hurling
Use Caption: “Countered his grapple like a pro”.
Notes: Look for a man is being “aggressive” towards a school girl near New Serena, across from Stardust.
Essence of Pole Dancing
Use Caption: “Amazing dance. Can I use my legs like that, too?”
Notes: You will need to be solo during this so you need to dismiss any companions you have with you. Go into the bikini bar (watch the show (you can hit “select” and quit out to skip)). Now exit the bar back onto the street. The Salary man will be above you on a lamp post with a crowd watching him from below.
Essence of Rolling
Use Caption: “Hit ’em low, then hit ’em high.”
Notes: There are multiple steps to this and the main requirement is opening up access to the “The Dragon Palace.” and learn a prior skill from Komaki. Do the following.
1) Complete the substory “Return to the Dragon Palace”
2) After you have access to Dragon Palace, go to Stardust and a homeless man will run up to you saying that Komaki (your master and another reoccurring character in the series) wants to meet up with you. Go to the Dragon Palace Dojo and he will ask you to defeat his former pupils. He will tell you where they’re located and then the quest begins.
3) Pupil locations:
- 1st one is a Sushi chef at Sushi Gin. Go inside and it will trigger a fight.
- 2nd one is an employee at Smile Burger. Go inside and talk with the employee and it will trigger a fight
- 3rd one is a barker in front of MEB (right behind the Dragon Palace). Talk with them to trigger the fight.
4) Return to Komaki and fight his latest pupil. After he will teach you “Daruma Tumbler”
5) Go to the batting cages and look at he girl watching her boyfriend inside one of the batting cages.
Super Finish: Knock Down
Use Caption: “You could knock down everything with a ball his size.”
Notes: Once Rikiya texts you that he’s at a park go inside Mach Bowl and focus on the 3 guys on the right side.
Essence of Self-Destruction
Use Caption: “If only he hadn’t been holding that soba…”
Notes: At the end of the alley, you’ll see the soba delivery driver on motor bike, holding a bunch of trays with one hand.
Essence of Reversal
Use Caption: “He underestimated his son because he was lying down.”
Notes: You’ll see a child and his father in front of a store arguing over the dad not buying his son a “toy.”
Essence of Terror
Use Caption: “Fleet feet are the secret to dealing with crowds.”
Notes: You’ll see a female barker bending over looking into a box.
Super Finish: Hell’s Gauntlet
Use Caption: “Poor guy just had some tough luck.”
Notes: You’ll see a salary man in a black suit with his head looking towards the ground.
Essence of Drunken Thrust
Use Caption: “The alcohol made him limber and streamlined his power.”
Notes: Go to Hatsumachi and the two guys will be standing in the dead end road near the hostess club. You can have Haruka with you and don’t need to dismiss her.
Finished – Reward Time
In Okinawa he’s on the street opposite the metro station near the pawn shop.
In Kamurocho he’s on the southern end of Tenkaichi St entrance.
- MO:Astray – Her Past Achievement Guide
- Folklore Hunter Night Of The Windigo All Notes
- Röki 100% Achievements Guide
- The Beast Inside: All Adam & Nicolas Notes
- Sands of Salzaar Dragons Location Guide