Valheim’s dedicated server has a networking rate of 61440 per second (3072 bytes x 20) by default. The default in this guide is set to 10x the original value from the game.
This guide will help you setup uMod on your server and install the Data Rate Modifier plugin, which will increase the cap of player upload.
What is uMod
uMod is a powerful plugin tool for Valheim & many other games. Visit the official uMod website for move information.
Dedicated Server Preparation
Installing Data Rate Modifier
Download the Data Rate Modifier below.
Copy this file into the umod/plugins folders. That is it, no need to restart the server. This will increase each players upload rate to 10x that of the default eliminating any bottle neck.
Dedicated Server Hosting
- Valheim Player with More than 10 Players (uMod)
- Valheim Dedicated Game Server (uMod Support)
- Valheim How to Fix Multiplayer Lag
- Valheim FPS Fix Picture Guide
- Valheim How to Increase Storage on Longship