For Vade Retro : Exorcist players, this guide will provide some basic tips every player should know while playing for all classes and the demon.
Here are some great tips that you should know if you’re playing as the demon.
- This seems like a no brainer, but DO NOT ATTACK DURING PHASE ONE. You should get to phase 2 as quickly as possible. You are very weak at phase 1.
- When you have possessed an NPC during setup, find another one and follow it around. Once setup has ended, consume it.
- In phase 2, it’s ok to attack, but try to get to 1 kill from phase 3 as fast as possible.
- Once you are at 1 kill from phase 3, this is the hard part. In order to get the most you can out of your invincibility period, find an NPC and camp it. Once the exorcists find you, they’ll panic, try to blast you but kill the NPC instead. Boom, you get to blast them as much as possible.
- PHASE 3 INVINCIBILITY IS MOST LIKELY YOUR LAST HOPE. Utilize your dash ability. It will path find to the nearest exorcist. Careful though, it goes crazy when there are locked doors.
- If you can’t manage to kill all exorcists when in phase 3 invincibility, you have to have a lot of tactic. Try to combine your invisibility with lights off. When you find one exorcist, use an attack. If more than one, knock down, use both attacks.
- It’s gonna be pretty hard, but you can do it.
- STAY TOGETHER. This is crucial if you want to win.
- DO NOT RANDOMLY KILL NPCS. This counts towards the demons phase change. However, if you’re tactical about it, it can give you an advantage. If you somehow know the demon is one kill away from phase 3, kill an NPC and hide. This will throw off the demon and you’ll most likely survive.
- To find the demon in phase one easily, go up to NPCs. If their head turns to look at you, they are a normal NPC. If it does not and keeps looking in the direction it is moving, you have found yourself a demon. This is much easier than random killing NPCs.
- Use your mic if you have one. This is SO much easier than typing in chat. Trust me.
Here are some tips you should know if you choose to be the priest.
- The priest is the most powerful attacking wise. You should grab orbs, staff, telekinesis, armor, spiritual burst, and holy water. Dash is pretty useless unless you’re a wimp.
- You should be dishing the most damage, and nurse should try to shield you the most. The demon should target you first as you are the most powerful.
- When you see the demon, you should use the staff first. Then orbs, then spiritual blast, then after that do whatever you want.
- If the demon is on phase 3, use armor, then the above.
- Telekinesis should be used when you’re expecting an attack, but demon is not near.
- You should always be on the demon and doing tasks.
Here are some helpful tips you should know if you decide to be the engineer.
- Grab blower, emp bomb, lazer pointer thing, dog clicker (if not enough xp then do motion censor), remote controlled car, and camera.
- You’re special ability is fixing generators twice as fast.
- You should also be trying to attack demon and doing tasks, but if the lights go out, go fix them.
- If you see the demon, throw EMP, then lazer, camera, then whatever you want after.
- Car should be used whenever available. Best places to put them are in doorways and stairs.
- Dog should be on patrol at all times.
Here are some helpful tips if you decide to become the nurse.
- You should grab healing machine (syringe if not enough xp), syringe gun, slow potion, anti-invis potion, shield gun, and med kit.
- You can save and heal NPCs and players twice as fast, making you a support class.
- This class only has 2 attacks, syringe and syringe gun.
- You should be shooting shield at priest when having a demon encounter.
- If you find a down NPC and you’re group, you heal it while the rest of the team fights off the demon.
- If you see the demon, throw slow potion, then anti-invis. Shield priest, then shoot gun.
- Healing machines should be placed at common places like front or spawn.
- Medkits should be scattered around the map.
- Change your spell keybinds to number keys, it’s much easier.