For V Rising players who want to create a dedicated V Rising server of them own, this guide will show how to create it step by step.
Hosting a Server (Rental Service Providers)
You can alternatively host a server at a Game Server Hosting Provider.
Your server will be started instantly!
- Windows 10 or Server 2016+ & 64-Bit
- Quad Core processor (requires up to 2 full cores)
- Up to 16GB memory (currently uses around 4GB memory minimum)
- 5GB disk space (install folder)
- A copy of the V Rising early access game from Steam
- Create a folder C:\VRisingServer
- Download SteamCMD for Windows: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/client/installer/steamcmd.zip
- Extract the contents of the zip to the folder
- Create a file called FetchServerFiles.bat and place the following code in there:
@echo off start “” steamcmd.exe +login USER PASS +force_install_dir “C:\VRisingServer” +app_update 1829350 validate +quit
- Fetch server files from Steam by running the FetchServerFiles.bat
Starting the Server
To start the server, create a batch file called StartServer.bat with the following
start “” VRisingServer.exe -log
Run StartServer.bat and let it load (takes 10 minutes the first time)
Configuring your server
Now comes the fun part, setting up your V Rising game server to your liking.
To modify game server settings you can create two files
You can create these files in your VRisingServer\Settings folder
You can modify settings in here (in addition to the launch line) – these settings overwrite your launch line settings:
More info can be found here:
How to Join a Server
To join your newly created V Rising server, you can use the Play Online server button in the game. Alternatively (for password protected) you can use the Direct Connect button.
That’s all we are sharing today in V Rising How to Create a Dedicated Server, if you have anything to add, please feel free to leave a comment below, you can also read the original article here, all the credits goes to the original author HumanGenome
- V Rising How to Migrate a Private Game Save to a Dedicated Server
- V Rising How to Modify Private Game Multiplayer Server Settings
- V Rising How to Edit your Private Server Settings Correctly
- V Rising How to Get VOIP on Private Servers
- V Rising How to Increase Camera Speed