For The Swordsmen X: Survival players, this is a detailed farming guide which will explain all basic farming information you need to know in game.
The Farming Process
The player has to craft a hoe, dig some farming plots, then add seeds and fertilizer to them. There is nothing else to be done about your plants: you don’t have to water, weed, or prune them.
You can craft it at your anvil. The better the hoe, the faster you can dig up new plots (bronze hoe needs about 5 seconds, iron hoe can do it under 3 seconds), but the quality does not seem to influence anything else.
Seeds are dropped from their respective plants. The better scythe you use when harvesting wild plants, the more crops (and seeds) they yield. You cannot use a scythe when harvesting your farm plots.
Plants you have grown have a chance to drop seeds, though it seems to be extremely low.
Chests and NPCs drop it, but so far I have not found any way to craft it.
- Place the hoe, the seeds, and the fertilizer on your hotkey bar.
- Equip the hoe. Left-click to place a plot, right-click to remove it.
- Add seeds to the plot.
- Add fertilizer. (You can do this before or after adding seeds to the plot.)
- There is a fertilizer bar on each plot. Each freshly dug plot starts with 3000/10000 fertilizer level.
- This bar decreases ~80 per minute while the plant is growing. It does not decrease any further once the plant has matured.
- If the fertilizer level reaches 0, the plant stops growing.
- Each fertilizer item used on a plot increases its level by 2500.
- The fertilizer’s tooltip says that fertilized plots yield more. So far I got the exact same yield from fertilized and non-fertilized plots.
- If you put seeds into a plot with 0 fertilizer level, it will wilt away in less than a minute.
The times are just based on my personal experience, they might vary. This list is not exhaustive, as I have not reached the max realm yet.
That’s all we are sharing today in The Swordsmen X: Survival Farming Guide, if you have anything to add, please feel free to leave a comment below, you can also read the original article here, all the credits goes to the original author Adri