Set FOV to any value
- We’ll be assuming the game has been launched at least once to create a config file.
- Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\StateOfDecay2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\
(it can be pasted into the address bar of the file explorer)
- Open Engine.ini in a text editor
- Add the following lines:
The provided value is arbitrary but it is also the value needed to compensate for the decreased FOV at a 21:9 resolution to match the default 80 of 16:9.
For 32:9, go for 118.
For 48:9, set it to 137.
Needless to say, it can be set to any reasonable horizontal value without breaking the game!
Other methods breakdown
This one is the most common in conversations and guides on State of Decay 2.
There are also hilariously random modifications like AspectRatioAxisConstraint=90
The game will read it as AspectRatioAxisConstraint=.
Any of them including AspectRatioAxisConstraint=IdontKnowWhatImDoing will work as the result.
The only thing they do is set the hardcoded FOV of 80 to vertical rather than horizontal, meaning an FOV of 112 at 16:9 or roughly 126 at 21:9 – arguably too much and no way to adjust it.
FOV is a native Unreal Engine 4 command but there is no documented evidence of it working in State of Decay 2.
- State of Decay 2: How to Turn off Film Grain, Motion Blur, Lens Flares, Depth of Field
- Rogue Heist: How to Increase FOV
- 404Sight: Low FPS Fixed
- Factory Balls: All Levels in Level Pack B
- Sunrider: Liberation Day – How to Use Consle Commands