For SPOOKWARE players, this is a guide of general playthrough, from chapter 1 to chapter 3, tips and tricks are provided below, let’s check them out.
- After exiting their car and being in awe of the campus of Gruel High, the trio decide that they’re going to need help if they want to navigate the labyrinth that is high school. Speak to the teacher ahead of you, dressed in white and wearing a tie. They’ll direct you to speak with student registration in the building behind them.
- You’ll ask the student registration fellow if you can sign up for classes, which will prompt you to play the SIGN HERE microgame.
- Now that the boney siblings are all signed up for class, you’ll be directed to classroom 1A, located to the left of the student registration table. Once you’ve found your way to class, take a seat and attend your first class.
- A few hours of school go by and the trio find themselves in an empty classroom, save for a student stuck in their desk. They inform you that there’s free ice cream in the gym, located to the left once you exit the main school building. There, you’ll speak to the teacher directly to your right.
- With the teacher inquiring about your lack of uniforms, MIDI explains that you’re actually part of the school band, to which the teacher accepts and mentions that must be why RIGHTI must be dressed in red. Assuming you’re at the gym to practice, the teacher points you in the direction of the BAND LEADER, located behind the door to the right of him.
- Enter the music room the teacher mentioned and speak with the BAND LEADER, dressed in red. They assert that RIGHTI is a bongo player and immediately asks him to showcase his talent with a nearby set of bongos. This will prompt the PLAY ALONG microgame.
- After showing the BAND LEADER what you’ve got, he’ll begrudgingly ask you to grab five more members for the graduation ceremony. From here, you’ll explore the large campus of Gruel High in search of these musically gifted students, and ask them to join you in your crusade for tunes!
- Go down the path between the gym and main school building and towards the baseball field. There, you’ll find a red-shirted student playing guitar, and ask them to join your band. Wanting to know if you can keep up with their guitar solo, it’ll prompt the PLAY ALONG microgame. Upon completion, the guitarist will agree to join your band for the graduation ceremony.
- Enter the main school building and go down the hallway to either your left or right. From there, climb the staircases two times and you’ll find yourself on the rooftops of the school. On the left side of the roof, you’ll spot a red-shirted student playing the keyboard. A little on the quiet side, LEFTI asks if they’d like to play something, to which the student agrees, prompting the PLAY ALONG microgame. Upon completion, the keyboard player will agree to join your band for the graduation ceremony.
- Enter the main school building and go down the hallway to your left. From there, climb the staircase a single time and enter the door to your right, labeled: left bathroom. Inside there, you’ll see a red-shirted student playing the trumpet. With the trumpet player thrusted to play in the bathroom for making too much noise, RIGHTI suggests a quick jam out to showcase each other’s skills, prompting the PLAY ALONG microgame. Upon completion, the keyboard player will agree to join your band for the graduation ceremony.
- Enter the main school building and go down the hallway to your left. From there, climb the staircase a single time and you’ll reach the library. Sitting on a table in the library is a red-shirted student playing the saxophone. Claiming they only jam with the best, they mean to test your skills with the bongo, prompting the PLAY ALONG microgame. Upon completion, the keyboard player will agree to join your band for the graduation ceremony.
- Enter the main school building and go down the hallway to your right. From there, enter the first room ahead of you, the one labeled: science room. In the classroom, you’ll see a red-shirted student playing the trombone. Interested in playing with new elements and curious of your skills, you’ll be prompted with the PLAY ALONG microgame. Upon completion, the keyboard player will agree to join your band for the graduation ceremony.
- Now that you’ve collected all five band members, return to the band room in the gym building and speak with the BAND LEADER. After speaking with them, you can enter the final set of microgames for the chapter and play for the graduation ceremony!
Chapter 2 – Part One
- Arriving at their destination, the brothers attempt to board the ‘La Bonne Cruise’, only to be told that they need tickets to get on. Disgruntled, the trio walks around the pier and to your left, you’ll come across a trapped fellow behind bars. However, Instead of asking for their freedom, they ask the three for milk, which they happened to be carrying. In return for their kind gesture, he gives them the ticket they need to board the ship.
- Hand your recently acquired tickets to the employee by the ramp to board the ship. They’ll inform you that you’re in cabin 3B, located up the nearby stairs, past the swimming pool, and down another set of stairs. It’ll be the first door you come across.
- After heading to bed, you’ll be thrusted into another dream sequence, where you’ll navigate an outlandish version of your cabin room.
- Shortly after the nightmare, you’ll be awoken by a ship member who informs you that there’s been a murder on the ship. Mistaken as a detective because of his new hat, LEFTI reluctantly agrees to assist with the investigation. You quickly learn that the scene of the crime was cabin 4B, the cabin adjacent to yours.
- You enter cabin 4B and immediately notice an outline of a skeleton on the floor, except it’s missing more than a few pieces. Upon investigating the outline, you’re prompted with the microgame, DRAW AN OUTLINE.
- After completing the microgame, LEFTI deduces that five pieces are missing in total: the skull, ribcage, hip, an arm, and a leg bone. From there, you’re left to roam the ship, asking people questions, collecting clues, and checking alibis through the INTERROGATION TIME microgame.
RIB CAGE BONE / MS.RED
- You’re able to enter cabin 2B, located behind the stairs and close to the scene of the crime. Inside is MS. RED, who means to test your investigation skills through the INTERROGATION TIME microgame.
- Upon completing the initial interrogation, she claims that she was asleep the entire night, and had nothing to do with the murder in 4B. Unable to break her alibi, the trio leaves her alone for now to find evidence against her story.
- Upon exiting the murder site, you’ll notice a shimmering cigarette outside on the ledge of the ship. Interacting with it will launch the WHAT’S THIS? investigation microgame.
- Going up the stairs of the B-cabins, you’ll speak with the ship member next to the steps wearing sunglasses. They’ll inform you that they saw someone was smoking on the balcony at night, and when they saw that they were being watched, they threw their cigarette and immediately left into their cabin room. The only other clues that the member can recall is that they were wearing a red dress and the room they ran into was behind the staircase.
- Returning with the two pieces of evidence you’ve collected, you reattempt INTERROGATION TIME. First, you use the STAFF TESTIMONY evidence to catch her in a lie about being asleep the entire night. She dismisses the piece of evidence and claims she wouldn’t be caught smoking. Interrogating her immediately after, you’ll use the cigarette you found on the balcony earlier to prove that someone was out there smoking last night. Again, she dismisses your evidence, claiming that it could belong to anyone.
- Out of evidence, RIGHTI determines that she must have cigarettes in her purse, and the only way to catch her is to steal it and find the pack itself, which will have you play the microgame, STEAL THE PACK OF CIGS.
- With the stolen pack of cigarettes being your third piece of evidence, you’ll prove she was the one smoking on the deck through another INTERROGATION TIME microgame.
- Unable to contain the truth, she admits to smoking that night, but also claims that she had nothing to do with the murder. Not wanting her secret to come out, MS. RED makes a deal with the trio. Aware that they’re looking for the missing bones, she gives them the Rib Bone in exchange for their secrecy.
ARM BONE / MR.GREEN
- On the second level of the left side of the ship, you’ll encounter a man dressed in green and surrounded by alcohol bottles. You learn that his name is MR.GREEN and ask him what he was doing last night through the INTERROGATION TIME microgame. The man claims he doesn’t recall much from the previous night, and that the bottles around him are not his. You leave him at this point, forced to find evidence that might jog his memory.
- Entering the bar on the same level as the pool, you’ll encounter a ship member on the left who is cleaning up a mess, including some very familiar green bottles. Upon asking them what happened, they inform you that a man dressed completely in green was there last night, and that they almost drank their entire stock of liquor.
- While you’re there at the bar, you can speak with the bartender at the counter and inquire about a bottle that happens to hold a bone. They tell you that it was left by a man dressed in green. When you ask if you could have the bottle, the man says that the trio appears underage and would need to provide ID.
- Returning to MR.GREEN, you interrogate him yet again, but using the evidence: BOOZE BOTTLES to prove that he was drinking. He slowly begins to recall the events of the night prior, but mentions that he was thrown out during the morning, meaning that he had nothing to do with the murder last night, being in the bar that entire time.
- Requiring ID for the bottle with the bone inside, you ask MR.GREEN if you could borrow his ID, which he readily gives to the trio. You return to the bar and enter the interrogation microgame, where you present the evidence: SIR GREEN’S ID when the bartender claims you’re underage. He accepts the ID and gives you the bottle, and by extension, another bone.
LEG BONE / MR.BLUE
- Entering the restaurant aboard the ship called ‘The Esteem’, you’ll encounter a boney fellow named MR.BLUE sitting on the floor, dressed in blue and wearing sunglasses. Upon asking him for his alibi, he claims that he was asleep outside of his cabin and that they’re an upstanding citizen.
- On the cabin level of the right side of the ship, you’ll see a ship member standing above random sheets of paper. Speak to him and you’ll learn that they’re looking for a possible thief dressed in blue and wearing sunglasses who enjoys sitting on the floor.
- After learning of his alleged behavior, you interrogate MR.BLUE, presenting the evidence: REPORT OF THEFT when he says he doesn’t know why you’d suspect him. Dismissing it as just hearsay, MR.BLUE reiterates that he’s a good person. Fed up, RIGHTI makes the argument that they should just break into his cabin and find the smoking gun that they need against him.
- Across from MR.BLUE is a staff member that you can speak to. You ask them which cabin does MR.BLUE stay in, to which he tells you is 2A, on the left side of the ship. Declining the skeleton key, RIGHTI opts for picking the lock on the cabin door, which will have you play the microgame PICK THE LOCK. Inside the cabin you found all sorts of stolen goods, just the sort of evidence you were looking for.
- Returning to MR.BLUE yet again, you’ll re-enter the interrogation microgame, this time presenting the evidence: STOLEN ITEMS when he claims he wouldn’t steal from anyone. Caught red-handed, he claims that he couldn’t help himself, but also that he had nothing to do with the murder. Adding on to this, he also mentions that he stole one of the bones that you’re looking for, and gives it to you.
Chapter 2 – Part Two
- On the top level of the ship, near the pool, you can speak with the pool attendant, INTERN ORANGE. Upon playing the INTERROGATION TIME microgame, you’ll receive his alibi of standing by the pool all of last night.
- Entering the nearby bar, you can speak with the couple situated at a table on the right side. Curious about how your investigation is going, they inform you that the pool attendant was acting strange that particular morning. They also mention that they saw him outside of their cabin last night, which does not corroborate with his statement of being at the pool the entire time.
- Returning to INTERN ORANGE, you use the evidence: TRAVELLER TESTIMONY when he claims he was by the pool the entire night. Stating that they have no concrete proof that it was him by the cabin, you have to find more evidence to link him there.
- LEFTI notices that the floor surrounding the pool is quite wet and as a result, they’ve been tracking footprints. Using this to his advantage, LEFTI investigates the footprints through the microgame CLEAN THE DECK. After completing the microgame, you’ll have another piece of evidence you can use against INTERN ORANGE
- Back to interrogate the pool attendant one more time, you present the evidence: STAFF FOOTPRINTS when he claims he didn’t go to the right deck yesterday. Unable to keep up the lie, he admits to going to right deck last night, but is adamant that it had nothing to do with the murder, but instead it was to meet a friend. Afraid of losing his job over this and pressured by RIGHTI, INTERN ORANGE offers you a bone that he happened to come across when moving around at night.
- After collecting four pieces of the skeleton, the trio hears a scream in the distance, which they surmise is coming from the control deck. Upon entering the control deck, they find a collapsed ship member and the last piece of the skeleton, the skull itself. They discover that the skeleton was in fact the captain of the ship and is in fact, still alive. When the trio asks what happened to his body, the captain claims that it was a figure with a deer skull that put him into that state.
- You inform the captain that you have his body, which he is eager to get reattached to. At this point, you’ll play through the BOAT MICROGAMES set and put his skeleton back together.
- With the ship reaching its destination, you’ll disembark and speak with MR.BLUE who’s being taken into custody for his wrongdoings. Knowing that he’s going straight to prison, he asks the trio to run his five-star restaurant in his stead. With the key to the place in hand, you enter the nearby car and leave for the big city.
Chapter 3 – Part One
- Arriving at the big city, the trio pull up to the restaurant that Mr. Blue left them, but instead of finding a five star eatery, they instead found a boarded up restaurant.
- To enter the establishment, head to the door on the right side of the place. RIGHTI attempts to unlock the door with the key Mr. Blue gave them, but it ends up breaking in the keyhole. This forces RIGHTI to think on his feet, and prompts the PICK THE LOCK microgame.
- Once inside the establishment, the three brothers make the unfortunate discovery that the inside matches the shoddy exterior. MIDI then proposes that they work together to bring the place up, starting with cleaning and setting up the restaurant for business. Interact with the tables and chairs to fix them up, and put up the painting of Mr. Blue nearby the front door. Once that’s completed, head to the appliances on the right side of the place and interact with them to proceed.
- With the restaurant more or less ready to go, MIDI suggests that RIGHTI and LEFTI manage the customers while he himself cooks the meals. This will prompt the explanation of this chapter’s mechanics, and ask if you wish to proceed.
- After completing the first day’s shift, the trio tallies up their earnings and ultimately decide to invest in a pizza oven. Unfortunately, their star cook, MIDI, doesn’t know what to do with the oven, so LEFTI suggests they go out into the city to find folks who can help them. MIDI agrees, and settles on finding at least three new recipes for their up and coming restaurant. You can also set up the rest of the tables in the establishment, bringing it to a total of four tables. From here, you’ll explore the city, interact with the cityfolk, and gain wisdom in the kitchen.
- To the right of the restaurant, there’s an open sewer grate. Enter the sewers and head to the right until you come across a red valve. Interacting with it will prompt you with the FIX UP THE WATERWORKS microgame.
- Upon completion, the water level of the sewers will lower, revealing a path you can descend. This time, head all the way to the left until you reach another red valve. Again, you’ll be prompted with the FIX UP THE WATERWORKS microgame, except you’ll be doing the inverse and sabotaging the pipes.
- With the water level risen, head onto the floating platforms in front of you and move to the right until you come across a man with a spitfire, also called the SEWER DWELLER. Speaking to them will eventually prompt the ‘ ‘ microgame. Upon completion, you’ll gain a new recipe for the restaurant.
BLOOD & GARLIC RECIPE
- Head to the left of the restaurant until you reach a chain link gate that leads between two buildings. There’s a door you can interact with that will prompt you with the PICK THE LOCK microgame. Upon completion you can enter the eerie building.
- Inside, there’s a dresser in a secluded room. Knock on it and someone will answer, handing you a coin and requesting a drink from somewhere nearby.
- When you exit the room, head to the right, down the sidewalk until you reach a gray streepole with a flickering light on it. Interact with the streetlight and it’ll reveal a vending machine that was hidden beneath the sidewalk. Use the coin that the mysterious voice gave you on the vending machine and receive a packet of concentrated human blood.
- Return to the secluded room in the eerie building and give the mysterious voice in the dresser the blood. Eventually you’ll be prompted with the microgame: NOSFERATU IS OUT FOR BLOOD. Upon completion, you’ll gain a new recipe for the restaurant.
MEAT GRINDER RECIPE
- Head to the left of the restaurant until you encounter a boney fellow tucked behind a metal fence. Speak to them and they’ll ask if you wish to learn the meat grinder recipe. Accept and you’ll be prompted with the GRIND UP THE MEAT microgame. Upon completion, you’ll gain a new recipe for the restaurant.
- Head to the right of the restaurant until you reach the bus station. Behind that bus station is a small park enclosed behind a chain link fence. Go inside the park and explore until you reach an interaction bubble. From there, you’ll obtain some worms that you can use later.
- Now walk all the way to the left until you reach a boney fellow wearing sunglasses next to a fence and river. Speak to them and they’ll mention having a recipe for cooking the mutated fish they catch in the river, but before they can show you how to do it, they’ll need bait. This is where the worms you collected will come in. Eventually, you’ll be prompted with the CUT OFF THE TENTACLES microgame. Upon completion, you’ll gain a new recipe for the restaurant.
EYE SKEWER RECIPE
- Exit the restaurant and walk to the left until you reach a set of trash cans that have white splotches on them. Dig through the cans enough and eventually you’ll be rewarded with some expired milk.
- Walk to the right of the restaurant until you happen across a sitting boney fellow huddled against a chain link fence. Speak to the fellow, who you quickly find out is associated with the milk gang, and offer him the carton of milk you recently acquired. This will prompt the FILL THE SKEWER microgame. Upon completion, you’ll gain a new recipe for the restaurant.
Chapter 3 – Part Two
- Once you gain three or more recipes, you can return to the restaurant and begin the next set of the restaurant microgames. Keep in mind, however, that there are more tables to be waited on and the microgames you’ve played during the search earlier are now added into the mix.
- After completing the second shift and counting their earnings, the trio decides to spruce up the restaurant, purchasing new tables, chairs, appliances and other visual enhancements.
- While adoring the up and coming eatery, a newspaper flies into the restaurant. Upon interacting with the newspaper, the brothers learn that their establishment has garnered the attention of a revered critic, much to their excitement. Deciding that they need to learn more about cooking to impress this critic, the trio embarks on another quest of culinary discovery.
- Head to the bus station to the right of the restaurant and interact with the bench to wait for the bus. Once it arrives, interact with it to head to the ‘Temple of Infinite Taste’.
- At the temple, walk towards the large structure up the steps and speak with the monk named MASTER OF THE DOOR. They will explain to you that you must find five items, and that there are five masters inside the temple: Salt, bitter, sweet, sour, and umami.
- Go down the steps in front of the temple and interact with the stone fence above the water. Select seaweed and bring it back to the master. This will take you to the next step.
- Go down the steps and to the left, and up the first flight of stairs. Speak with the taste disciple in the shadows next to the temple. They’ll inform you that they already collected the fruits requested, but are unsure which one to give to the master. Select the grapefruit and bring it back to the master. This will take you to the next step.
SWEET & SOUR FRUIT
- Go down the steps of the temple and go to the left until you reach a secluded tree with flickering lights with it. Interact with the tree and RIGHTI will give it a shake, dropping a fruit in the process. Bring this fruit back to the master and it will take you to the next step.
- After completing the third *test*, you’ll find out you’ve been bamboozled into helping the master with their grocery shopping. In response to this embarrassing revelation, they’ll allow you to enter the temple.
- Traversing the temple, you’ll first come across the masters of different types of flavor. Speaking to them will prompt you with a microgame to complete. After completing said microgame, you’ll re-enter the elevator to proceed to the next floor, and with it, the next master.
- First, you’ll encounter the MASTER OF SALT. They will prompt you with the CUT THE FISH microgame. Next, it’ll be the MASTER OF BITTERNESS, who will prompt you with the KEEP THE TRAVELLER IN THE SHADE microgame. After, you’ll meet the MASTER OF SWEETNESS, who will prompt you with the FILL THE FRUIT BOWL microgame. Then, you’ll face the MASTER OF SOURNESS, who will prompt you with the STEAL THE FRUIT microgame. And finally, you will come face to face with the MASTER OF UMAMI, who will prompt you with the COLLECT THE MUSHROOMS microgame.
- After you complete each floor of the temple and learn more about the different flavors, return to the restaurant and interact with the appliances to begin the third shift. Keep in mind that the microgames featured in the third shift will include the ones you’ve encountered in the temple.
- Once you’ve successfully completed the third shift of restaurant microgames, the DEERSKULL MAN will enter the restaurant and make a deal with the trio, demanding to see their finest dish. This will prompt you with the MAKE SOME SOUP boss microgame.
- Once you’ve completed the boss microgame, the DEERSKULL MAN will leave the restaurant and another newspaper will fly in. Discovering that they’re going to jail for not paying taxes on the place, the brothers wind up on a bus heading to prison.