This guide of Remnant 2 will show you settings I came up with, if your PC matches the recommended specs, resulting in 60@1080 FPS 90 – 95% of the times.
My Outdated Hardware
- CPU – I7 8700k
- GPU – Nvidia 1080 GTX – 8GB
- RAM – 16GB GSkill
- SSD – 1TB Samsung Evo
All the settings and configuration I recommend, after tinkering around for quiet some hours, relay on my hardware which kind of matches the recommendations for Remenant 2, which in my opinon is more like the minimum requirements.
- Display Mode: Fullscreen
- Motion Blur: Off
- VSync: On
- Framerate: 60
- Upscaler: Intel XeSS
- Upscaler Quality: Quality
- Shadow Quality: Low
- Post Processing: Low
- Foliage Quality: Low
- Effects Quality: Medium
- View Distance Quality: Medium
- FOV Modifier: 1
- Minimize Input Latency: On
1. View Distance Quality: Medium -> Low
2. Effects Quality: Medium -> Low
3. Upscaler Quality: Quality -> Balanced
- Anisotropic filtering: Off
- Antialiasing – FXAA: Off
- Antialiasing – Mode: Override any application settings
- Antialiasing – Setting: x2
- Max Frame Rate: 60 FPS
- Texture filtering – Anisotropic sample opti..: Off
- Texture filtering – Negative LOD bias: Allow
- Triple buffering: On
- Verticle sync: On
I figured out that matching the in-game FPS limiter with the NVIDIA Settings reduced the overall load on my GPU by a lot. Otherwise, if one of them was high than the other my GPU in terms of heat went up by more than 10 °C.
I don’t know it it makes any differences at all, but I did the following:
- Steam -> steamapps -> common -> Remnant2 -> Remnant2 – Binaries -> Win64
- right-click Remnant2-Win64-Shipping.exe
- Properties -> Compatibility -> Disable Fullscreen Optimization: checked
With this settings my CPU and GPU stay between 60 – 70 °C. In combat I have either no or very little drops in FPS.
I tried everything with setting my monitor to 100 FPS and hence the in-game and NVIDIA setting for FPS to 50. This way the game performs even better but 50 FPS is not really what you want if you may get 90 – 95% of the times 60 FPS.