When you log in for the first time, you are bound to be confused. Reign of Darkness is open-world and doesn’t give much instruction. Here’s a few things that will hopefully help you get your first character going.
First Things First
1) Press the N key to open your Necronomicon.
2) There are eight classes with descriptions. Pick the one that best suits your play-style. You can get a total of three, but for now, pick one.
3) Read through the five abilities. Spend your ten points, making sure to grab an active (not passive) ability.
4) Drag your active ability or abilities to the bar on the bottom of your screen.
5) Close your Necronomicon.
6) Press the C key to open your character info.
7) If not already open, press the red tab to open your skill points.
8) Hover over each skill to read the description and decide what will be most useful. If you’re a spellcaster, I recommend you put some points into Intellect and Magic/Healing. If you are a barbarian or knight, I recommend Strength/Vitality and Physical. Read through them all and pick out what you want. They are all beyond useful now and later on.
Boom, you are ready to start! But where? Well, don’t rush off to kill things just yet. You still need to accept some quests!
Right click on them and accept all of their quests. The current ones to focus on are Retrieve Venom Sacs, where Arissa asks you to gather some Venom Sacs, which is repeatable and very useful for gaining experience and A Favor for a Favor, where Griswald asks you to gather some Pork Shanks.
Now, you can head outside. Make your way across the bridge and up the stairs on the left. Accept both of Ante’s quests. It shouldn’t take too long for you to kill 30 scorpions. Save Raw Ore because that’s probably going to take a bit longer.
Now, you’re ready to start murdering giant scorpions and wild boar! Try to attack things at your level or lower. Also, if you can, be courteous to other players.
Slay monsters and work on quests. Feel free to accept the sorcerer Pariah’s quest, but I don’t recommend going into the next area until your level reaches double digits.
What to do if…
– Open your inventory (B or I key) and find the item. Most of the time, if the stats are green, it will be better than the item you have and you should equip it. However, in some cases, such as amulets/talismans and swords/shields/relics, you have to make a decision on what you want to equip. Whatever you don’t equip can be sold.
Your inventory fills up?
– Go to Griswald. Instead of clicking on quests click “Trade.” Sell anything you don’t want by opening your inventory (B or I key) and right clicking items.
The durability on your items gets low?
– Some NPCs, including Griswald, will repair your gear for a small price. Simply click the trade button, then click “Repair All.”
You level up?
– Congrats! You now have 2 more class points to spend on abilities. You can now move on to tier 2 abilities. You also have 10 more skill points to spend as you please.
A glowing skull drops when I kill something?
– This is loot. Right click the skull while standing near it and a box will pop up. You can click each loot item to add it to your inventory or click “Loot All.”
- Charlie Murder: Basic Xbox Controller and Game-play Basics
- Survival Camp: How To Get Started
- 9th Dawn III How to Level Up Different Magic Fast
- Bewitched: Walkthrough and Guide
- Kritika:REBOOT – Starter Guide (Over Level 70)