For Portal Reloaded players. I’ve played this on Linux and have gone through the first few test chambers and everything seems fine, but keep in mind this is not officially supported and may not work perfectly.
2. Locate the game data folders for both – by default they should be in ~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common
3. Copy portal2.sh, portal2_linux, and the entire “bin” folder from the Portal 2 folder to the Portal Reloaded folder
(not everything from bin/ is needed, but it’s a lot easier just to take the whole folder)
4. Run Portal Reloaded using:
Note: setting launch options to run this instead doesn’t seem to work, due to Steam automatically using Proton to run it. Running it from a terminal/.desktop/whatever does work, and Steam will notice that you are playing it despite not running it through Steam.
This should work on Mac as well, just copy portal2_osx instead of portal2_linux. I don’t have any Mac devices, so I can’t test this out. (I’m not sure where the game data folders are located, you’ll have to figure this out yourself)
- Portal Reloaded Easter Egg Guide
- Portal Reloaded How to Enable Developer Console
- Portal Reloaded How to Load a Save
- Portal Reloaded Secret Companion Cube (Chamber 21 and 22)