For players who’ve observed several chips that have an unusual delay when first using them, especially if you hold the chip button down. That’s because there are secret inputs that allow you to change the attack! These vary from version to version, so please correct me if I miss something here.
However… There’s secret input combos that activate different effects with both Varsword and the XFist chip series (Bronze, Silver, Gold) that make them dramatically more powerful! These combos vary from version to version and will only cover MMBN2 & 3, where these are introduced. This will include all chip combos including Navi combos for MMBN3.
MegaMan Battle Network 2
MegaMan Battle Network 3
MegaMan Battle Network 3 Navi Combos/Inputs
- During WildRush, Press A or B while a claw or BeastMan’s head is on a panel to do an extra hit to that panel. Alternate A and B for better results.
- Can be done multiple times on the same panel. Each button press is 1 extra hit and it registers in every frame of the animation, up to 14 hits can be done to a single enemy.
- Press Down + Right + A to send the upper LionHead downward.
- Press Up + Right + A to send the lower Lion Head upward.
- Hold Up or Down on the + Control Pad to control the trajectory of FireBreath as it moves.
Hold down B and press Up, Right, or Down to spread Fire Breath in the two columns after the first one.
- Press Up to spread FireBreath to the rows above FlameMan.
- Press Right to spread FireBreath in the row that FlameMan is in.
- Press Down to spread FireBreath to the rows below FlameMan.
- Pressing Up, Right, or Down once creates one FireBreath panel and pressing twice creates two panel in that row, but pressing the same direction twice consecutively is not registered. For an easy full spread, simply hold B and rotate the + Control Pad.
- Before MetalMan attacks with MetalFist, hold A and use the + Control Pad to move the target panel.
- While JapanMan is doing his ThousandSpear, quickly press A and B alternating, starting with A. Consecutive same button presses are not registered.
- After the initial 3 slashes, JapanMan will do 1 extra slash if 6 or 7 buttons were pressed, or 2 extra slashes if 8 or more buttons were pressed. Then, if 3 or more buttons were pressed during the extra slashes, JapanMan will tack on 1 extra hit before the final extending spear attack, for a maximum of 7 total hits.
- Before obtaining Famous’ Wristband:
- MadRoller: Default move without Wristband.
- MadWaveRoller: Activates when MegaMan’s HP is at 25%. Default move after obtaining Wristband.
- After obtaining Famous’ Wristband:
- Shield&Chain: Before Punk attacks, press Left + B.
- PunkChain: Hold your Charge Shot and position yourself on the middle of your back-most column, then use the chip.
- DoubleGo-Round: After performing the conditions for Punk Chain but before Punk attacks, press Down, Right, Down, Right.
Final notes & extra tip!
- If MegaMan is on the receiving end of a Screen Dimming attack: Press Left at the moment of impact to halve damage from the attack. This is only in MMBN3!
Thanks for reading through, hopefully this makes life easier getting these combos instead of swapping between windows to check your inputs.
Again, all credit for the original information goes to Therockmanexezone wiki for MMBN, formatting & cleaning up was done by myself. Please let me know if I am missing any information from here!
- Mega Man Battle Network 1 All Maps
- Mega Man Battle Network 1 All Side Quests Guide
- Mega Man Battle Network 2 All Chip Locations Guide
- Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection Vol. 1 Lotto Codes
- Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection Vol. 1 Leveling Up Information Guide