Here is a guide to mapping in IOSoccer.
- 1. Go to Steam Library > Tools and download Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer
Singleplayer could work too but I tried it with Multiplayer so we roll with that!
- 2. Go to $SteamDir\steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer\bin and open ‘hammer.exe’.
You better pin that file because you will need it everytime.
- 3. Select Half-Life 2: Deathmatch as game configuration to use.
Till someone knows how to stop getting that message everytime you open hammer. You have to get used to it.
- 4. Select Tools > Options and put your settings like this:
You can download the ios.fgd at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7WcU1X8aDdlX3lONzBuRXZQb3M/view?usp=sharing or copy from the IOSoccer directory ($SteamDir\steamapps\sourcemods\iosoccer) and move it to $SteamDir\steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer\bin.
Note: ‘Gamedata files’ are basically fgd files. You will need to add ‘ios.fgd’.
- 5. Copy all the materials and models folders from IOSoccer to $SteamDirSteam\steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer\hl2mp
Restart hammer after you done that.
You should be ready to go now!
- For a different size, we recommend that the length / width scale should be around 1.55
- Use SDK 2013’s Hammer as it has more features
Map Sizes & Conventions
Dimensions: 3200 units long, 2300 units wide
Dimensions: 3600 units long, 2500 units wide
Dimensions: 4000 units long, 2700 units wide
Dimensions: 4800 units long, 3100 units wide
Dimensions: 5200 units long, 3300 units wide
Dimensions: 6000 units long, 3700 units wide
Dimensions: 2800 units longs, 2100 units wide
Dimensions: 4400 units long, 2900 units wide
Dimensions: 5600 units long, 3500 units wide
Use this prefix for custom training maps that can be used to practice the game.
Training can also include mini-games like tennis or anything else that involves the ball.
Use this prefix for custom maps that don’t fit in any of the above categories.
Can be for normal custom-sized maps or maps made for fun-modes like surfing.