For Forager player, it is possible that one or more mushrooms needed to solve the rainbow puzzle can become bugged and not spawn, here’s a way to get around it if you want the achievement or loot.
You’ll need two saves, your original bugged save, and a second fresh save to borrow the map data from.
- Start your new save and progress for a few minutes until you can afford to buy a new land tile. (Harvest til level up and spend the point on Economy for 40 free gold)
- If your first tile is not the rainbow puzzle either continue grinding or restart the save.
- Once you’ve found the puzzle, check that all six shrooms are there but do not solve the puzzle, before saving and exiting, and closing the game.
Now for the actual workaround.
- In your file explorer go to C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Forager to find two folders, SaveData0 and SaveData1
- Create a backup for both folders
- SaveData0 should be your main save and SaveData1 the fresh one, verify by checking the file size of Forager.main.cin within the Zones folder of each, my main file was around 30kb and the fresh around 2kb.
- Copy Forager.main.cin from your fresh Zones folder and overwrite the file in your main save’s Zones folder.
- Start the game, enter your main save game and you should find your main character on the fresh map with the puzzle ready to be solved.
- Solve it. Hit the mushrooms in the order of the colours of the rainbow, starting from the outside. Red > Orange > Yellow > Green > Blue > Purple
- Open your chest to claim your loot and accompanying achievement (assuming you’ve got the rest), then save and exit.
To fix your main save file
- Copy the Forager.main.cin from your backup of your main Zones folder and overwrite the file in the new main Zones folder.
You should load back into your save with the main map and your character returned from their journey.
That’s all we are sharing today in Forager Rainbow Puzzle Glitch/Bug Workaround Fix, if there are anything you want to add please feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll see you soon.
Credit to Archduke
- The Pedestrian: Save Game Guide
- Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection Save Files Locations
- Forager: Secret Options Guide
- Door in the Woods: How to Close the Final Door
- DORAEMON STORY OF SEASONS: Save File Location