1) Health (level up health when possible)
2) Defense (if health is not possible)
3) Speed (if none of the above is showing up)
sorted buy importance, first = most important:
- Invisibility scroll, 2 needed
Additional information: Trader on The Outbreak (floor just before Ruins) often sells Invisibility scrolls. There’s a probability that the scroll trader at the start will sell them too.
- Armor, weapons, accessories, etc. giving more speed
- Restoration potions / Regeneration items (Ale, as much as possible but not more than 6)
- A nice amount of wands
- Haste scroll, just one
Stand right in front of the portal to the orb room. Check everything:
- You need to have your “+speed item” in your hotbar, because you will need to rapidly change between “defense set” and “speed set”.
- Heal up to the maximum or nearly maximum.
- Have your speed set equipped.
Now, jump into the portal, run to the right for about 2 seconds and then use invisibility scroll. Optionally, use a haste scroll.
IGNORE ALL ENEMIES AND THEIR ATTACKS. You can eat something to regenerate from their attacks.
Knock the “black robe skeleton mage” to the lava by punching him like 3 times and pushing him by yourself.
Take the orb, then go back. Use the other invisibility scroll.
When you have to take a fight, rapidly equip your defense set and fight.
You will have to take fights with a bunch of skeletons each time you approach a ladder. On ruins sewers you can just run through them and climb up, but then it won’t be so easy. Use your defense set and wands. If you get surrounded, use something like scroll of burning and restoration potions.
if you got enough items escaping won’t be such a problem, really. and constantly use regeneration (ale, edible items), because you constantly get damaged just for escaping with the orb (random pink-purple strikes, they can even ignite you).