For Counter-Strike 2 players who are facing problem of game crashing, this guide will show you some possible solution for it.
To check and maybe remove unnecessary launch settings in CS2, do this:
Open Steam and find your game library.
Right-click on “Counter-Strike 2” and pick “Properties.“
In the Properties window, click “Set Launch Options.“
Look at the launch options listed.
Remove any you think aren’t needed or could make the game unstable.
Cleaning up your launch options can make CS2 run better by avoiding possible issues.
- Razer Synapse
- Razer Cortex
- Armory Crate
- NZXT CAM
- MSI Afterburner
- IP filtering or blocking software
Overlays from Third Party Applications
Disable Hardware Acceleration in Discord
- Open Discord
- Click on User Settings > Appearance
- Click on the Hardware Acceleration radio; this will turn it off.
Disable in-game Discord Overlay
- Open Discord
- Go to Overlay under App Settings
- Click on the “Enable in-game overlay” to turn it off.
Windows Game Bar
- Click Start > Settings > Gaming
- On the Game Bar, set “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar” to off.
- Now head to the Captures tab and set the “Record the background while I’m playing a game” to Off.
- You can also test turning Game Mode on or off, one by one.
Run the game in compatibility mode and disable Fullscreen optimizations. To set this, right click on the cs2.exe file in
and click on properties.
- Disable full-screen mode when you’re playing Counter-Strike 2, and use window-bordered mode instead.’
- Stop overclocking the CPU or GPU if you’re doing it.
- If you have Faceit Anti-cheat installed, disable it.
- Disable AMD FSR.
- Counter-Strike 2 – How to Increase FPS
- Counter-Strike 2 All Developer Console Commands
- Counter-Strike 2 How to Set Up a Server to 1v1 Your Friends
- Counter-Strike 2 – Enable Indoor Shadows on Low & Medium Setting
- Counter-Strike 2 Free Knife Commands Guide