For Company of Heroes 3 players who want to have a better and smoother camera movement experience, this guide will show you how to set it.
I’m not sure why Relic hasn’t put this option in the game yet but there is a way to get a better, smoother camera experience that is in the configuration options file. In my opinion it is far superior to the janky camera movement we have now.
If you are interested in trying this here is how you do it –
-Go to Documents/my games/Company of Heroes 3/users/some numbers
-You should see a file configuration_user.lua
– You should back up the original and call it _OLD or something in case you need it (Thanks MistarGrimm)
-Right click on the file and choose edit with notepad ++
-Find where it says “setting = “enablepanaccelerationandsmoothing” and underneath that change the false to true
-After you save you have to right click the configuration_user.lua file and go to properties. Tick the box at the bottom that says Read-only and click apply. This will make sure the file does not get changed to default when the game starts.
-All done. Enjoy a smoother camera. Why the hell Relic didn’t put this in is beyond me but I’m sure they will eventually. This especially works great with smoothing out the middle mouse button movement.
Remember if you want to change the setting back to the original you have to tick off the Read-only box and apply before editing.
- Company of Heroes 3 How to Enable Ultra Textures
- Company of Heroes 3 Accessing the Essence Editor
- Company of Heroes 3 The Cover-up Achievement Guide
- Company of Heroes 3 Italian Campaign Guide
- Company of Heroes 3 Introduction and Tips for Each Factions