For Black Reliquary players, this guide is about the proper changes the trinkets make since the tooltip do not explain much or almost nothing.
It takes effect after getting a kill with the Musketeer, until then you will only have the negative of the trinket. Living Ammo changes how the first 4 skills of the Musketeer work in a similar way of how each different type of ammo does. In this case the changes are (tested skills on Lv1)
– Standard Shot: -20% dmg, Heal 8 self on hit
– Smokescreen: debuff (100% debuff chance) +30% blight amount received
– Buckshot: debuff -100% healing, -100% blight cure chance (110% chance for both)
– Bombard: blight 2/3t (100%)We can assume that the numeric values change depending on the difficulty and possibly level like how other trinkets already work. Overall, it seems like a good trinket that gets more value with a Blight based team.
Do not forget that while you have the Living Ammo bullet itself equipped, that the negative goes from -20% to -5% thus almost negating the bad part of it.
Pure Amber Core
It changes the mech skills with a different name but I won’t bother mention it, just the changes from what we have to the new one (tested on Lv1):
– Pillar of Steel changes to: XXOO – OOXX, -35%dmg Armor piercing, +50% dmg Vs Amberblighted, +40% Heat
– Wyrd Conflagration changes to: XXOO – OOOO (no longer AoE) -70%dmg, ignores prep ACC, Amberblights, +15% Heat
– Prismatic Doom changes to: XXOO – OOXX, +25%dmg, Cooldown of 2trs, +40% Heat, Debuff Self: -15%dmg, +15%dmg takenAs you can see, the punch can no longer be done on rank 3 neither Prismatic Doom can reach rank 3 nor gets the bonus Vs Mark. Wyrd is no longer AoE but reaches any position. Meanwhile some numbers can appear to be strong, I personally think this trinket is a waste of resources since it makes you unable to deal damage while on foot and in the mech if you don’t get a kill in what’s basically two hits, you are forced out of the mech unless you want to die that is.
Remnant of the Empire
After getting hit, the trinket takes effect and changes the two support skills of the Crusader.
Base skills (Lv1):
– Battle Heal: Heal 6, +25% better healing the more stressed the target
– Inspiring Cry: Heal 2, Heal 5 stress, +5 Torch
With the item it changes to:
– Battle Heal: Heal 8, cures blight/bleed, self: bleed/blight 2/3t (120% chance)
– Inspiring Cry: Heal 2, clear horror, -5 Torch, buff target: -30% stress received. debuff self: horror 2/3t
Like with Living Ammo, the numeric values change depending on the level of the skill and we can assume with the difficulty area.
Personally, I don’t think with this trinket it’s enough to have the Crusader as the only healer of the group – more so since early game you’ll deal more damage to yourself than healing. It’s a good idea for an item but the negatives seem to be way too severe.
If you give this trinket to Flagellant or Plague Doctor , the riposted target will do a bleed check the same that for the Shieldbreaker it does a blight check.As a reminder to know what riposte of each character does, when you open the character sheet to the left of “Combat Skills” there’s “Hero Info” with a red “i”: if you hover the mouse over it, it will explain everything unique about the character besides the riposte effect.