For Barotrauma players, this guide will explore the Orca class submarine, its main components, strengths, weaknesses and upgrades.
You will find the following features in the guide:
• Orca basic features & things to know about the submarine
• Orca room and module overview & basic electrical junction overview
Available Orca upgrades, their impact and cost.
Max Horizontal Speed: 24 km/h
Max Descent Speed: 15 km/h
Medical Fabricator: Yes
Research Station: No
Cargo Storage: 8 Crates
12 slots railgun shell rack
9 slots ammunition shelf
156 slots in Medium and Supplies cabinets
90 slots in Large cabinets
20 slots in Toxic cabinet
30 slots in Medic cabinet
30 slots in Armory cabinet
Total: 326 slots
Turret Hardpoints: 1
Large Turret Hardpoints: None
Electrical Discharge Coils: 1
Depth charge tubes: 1
Orca individual room features
The electrical box wiring connections will be inspected after the basic overview.
There are two minor blind spots on the Orca, a small area behind the engine, and the area above the glass window above diving suit lockers. Unfortunately, the majority of Orca underbelly is in a blindspot, including the front (nose) – meaning its best to approach targets from below.
Bellow we find the default wiring in the electrical room junction boxes. Highlighted are key components that should be kept powered ideally.
Additionally, here we can see the electrical and mechanical device positions within the sub – red lines represent separate submarine rooms. This image is taken from the status monitor aboard the submarine.
- Stock speed and turning is subpar- however when upgraded allows to outrun smaller creatures with ease.
- Both junction compartments flood easily due to outer positioning – this causes a lot of damage to the boxes. When not flooded, Orca junction boxes get fried consistently, requiring constant monitoring.
- Glass window above diving suit locker is breached easily; the airlock and docking compartments flood easily, and act as a flood buffer for the command room.
- The general stairway structure of the sub allows for easy descend into reactor and engineering compartments.
- Substantial storage across the entirety of the submarine, allowing for good organization.
- Ballast access is spread out, requiring moderate travel between each.
- 4 fire extinguishers – beneficial due to a substantial amount of fires that can occur.
- Barotrauma Dugong Class Submarine Basic Guide
- Barotrauma How to Fix Downloaded Submarine Not Appearing in Submarine List
- Barotrauma: 100% Achievements Guide
- Barotrauma Complete Job Talent Trees
- Barotrauma: The Ultimate Diving Guide