For new players of Astro Colony who want to know how to make food for astronauts, this guide will show you how.
How to Make Food
I’m writing this on the first day of the early access launch, so it will be short and rough around the edges.
– Build hydro generator, this will enable to build thrusters, and is also where you’ll later make food.
– Build several thrusters in a single row. I built 6.
– Press M, then find a planet. Not sure which has quartz, but a green one did.
– Pin it so that you can see it outside of the map.
– Position yourself with your back to the thrusters. Gauge the direction you need to turn, then adjust the thrusters by moving the circle in their settings. Make sure to always click the button “Apply to connected thrusters” to avoid fiddling with them individually. Repeat until you’re headed towards the pin.
– Once you arrive close to the planet, set the thrusters’ power to zero. You may choose to dock.
– Mine some rocks to get quarts, then feed it into the hydro generator to make Hydrotonic.