Stuck in Anodyne 2? Use this handy mini-guide by developer Sean Han Tani to find your way through the game!
Spoiler level…. zero.
The Title Screen
Check out the Settings menu before you play! You might find it useful!
…Current spoiler level…. one.
The Albumen Shore
– Enter all three Yolks to find the Elements of Nurturing. Then, bring them to the Great Chalaza at the top of the island.
…Current spoiler level…. two.
Center City Cenote
Card Locations (Hint)
Open the pause menu and look at the icons on the map – they give hints where to look!
Card Locations (Solution)
C01 C02 C03 C04
C01. The supermarket.
C02. At the back of the alleyways.
C03 Inside the house surrounded by greenish pillars, with a kid standing in front.
C04. At the construction site.
In a chest on top of Misteria Waizel’s house.
You can’t fill the prism past 50 until you find the four cards in Cenote. To fill the prism optimally, aim to get at least 50 dust within the first two infected people you enter in Cenote.
…Current spoiler level…. three.
Note: BVW = Blue Vale West, BVE = Blue Vale East, etc…
Card Locations (Hint)
Hint 0: A dolphin near the Blue Vale West carwash can give you some hints!
Hint 1: There are three characters to shrink into in Blue Vale.
Hint 2: There’s one in BVW, and two in BVE
Card Locations (Solution)
C05. Clean Geof, located at the bottom of the giant hole.
C06. A chest inside Geof.
C11. At the top of the carwash, near the switch to open the carwash gate.
C07 C09 C10
C07. Clean Clonwei, near the lab.
C09. Go to the pond in the woods, spark the pipe to reach Iwasaki Antimon. Clean Iwasaki to get a Card.
C10. Inside a chest hidden in Iwasaki.
C08. On a ledge near the entrance to BVW. Access the ledge via some rocks behind the round gate leading to the area with the Dino House.
C12. Climb the waterfall mountain.
If you need to collect lots of Dust, it’s fastest to do it in Iwasaki Antimon (the snowy area.)
– Hidden near the pond entrance to the Tree Master’s Cave in BVE
– Talk to Eldi near the Cenote elevator, then bring the package to the lone house in BVW. Talk to Eldi again.
…Current spoiler level…. four!!! Beware!!!
After finding the 8 cards
– Make sure you have enough Dust so that you can fill the prism to 200. A cutscene will play in Blue Vale Central.
– After the scene, walk past the statue in BVS.
At the Dust Storm
Enter the Dust Storm, and then enter the tall rocky spire. Use the sigil to reverse gravity and ‘fall’ to the top.
Talk to the tree at the top of the spire. Then, spark the fruit. Then, spark the dog. Note, the dog’s spark bar heals slowly, so don’t worry about having to be fast!
…Current spoiler level…. five!! Hmm… are you sure it’s safe to be here??
– Usually when you get control of Nova, you just need to walk to the train south of the Village and take the train to the Haven. Your pause menu has a rough map, too.
– During wrestling, you cannot die. Note when you need to “shoot” drem, you need to press *AND* hold the shoot key , and release the shoot key once the thing you shot is somewhat close to Drem.
– There is nothing missable in Dustbound Village (besides some NPC dialogue)
Spoiler level six! How high do these levels go…?
Metaclean Framework Tips
-There are no rewards for 100% coins. Really!! Well, there’s an achievement for 500, but… don’t stress about finding all of them.
– You’ll want to buy the Card Detector first (well, unless you’re using this guide, ha ha).
– Buy either of the ‘shareholder meetings’, then find a Metainfo point in Cenote or Blue Vale. This unlocks some of the ‘Unzones’.
– There is nothing hidden in the Unzones (really.)
Note: Outer Sands North is abbreviated as OSN, the other areas OSE (Hill) , OSW (Beach), etc
Outer Sands North (3D Cards)
C20) Find the kid NPC. It’s in the rocks the kid is standing on.
Outer Sands North (Nanopoints)
1. Talk to the trees in order, starting with the shaking one. It’ll point to the next tree. The 5th tree is sparkable.
2. Try to find this one on your own. But if you can’t: Find the upside-down dolphin.
Outer Sands North (2D Cards)
Cards inside of New Theeland
C17) After entering The Nexus and taking the western portals to New Theeland, find the four armor pieces and defeat Dustdra.
C18) Inside Pilar Treacl in western New Theeland.
Other 2D cards
C21) Only read if you need to!!! Meet The Dolphin
Outer Sands West (Nanopoints)
Hint: Have you closely investigated everything along the shoreline?
Outer Sands West (2D Cards)
C22 Try following the petals.
C23 Investigate the southeastern rocky barriers closely.
C24 Try riding the train.
C22. Follow the petals in order from the sakura tree all the way to the island. You will need to enter the poison machine to dispel the ghosts. If you follow the petals correctly, there will be fish bones you can spark and enter.
C23. Talk to a woman on the southern island to get a shell. Bring it to the beast in the eastern island (you’ll have to raft through a nook in the rocks in the southeast). Spark and enter the beast.
C24. After finding cards 22 and 23, take the train.
Outer Sands East (Nanopoint hints)
1. In addition to the NPC on the hilltop, there are two other NPCs in the area you’ll want to talk to.
2. Talk to Minorma multiple times at the top of the hill.
Outer Sands East (Card solutions)
C13 Reach the end of Minorma’s 2D area.
C14 Hidden in Minorma’s 2D area.
C15 Clean Loquat.
C16 Hidden in Loquat’s 2D area. Find a secret path at the northeast part of the area.
C19 Hidden in a nook near the top of the hill in Outer Sands East. (In 3D)
Outer Sands Health Upgrades
OSW (2D) Find the two keys in Pastel Horizon and unlock the gate in the northeast. Key 1 is in the Northeast, Key 2 you must spark a sparkling whirlpool/tornado in the southwest.
OSW (3D) On a cliff facing the shore, near the entry to Nexus/Pastel Horizon
OSN (2D) SW snowy area of New Theeland
At the start of Gustine in Cenote, you can enter/exit the first screen to infinitely respawn slimes. Note if you have all 24 cards you will get more dust per dust item sucked.
You still have time to turn back!!!
Here is the guide to the Ending.
Achieve the Anodyne
Easy: get all 24 cards, and fill the prism up to 350. You’ll need to grind for Dust a little near the end, but it’s fast if you do it by respawning enemies in Gustine in Cenote.
..There’s another ending?
Confront the Center
– You need to find the Trylock Collar Base and the Three Trylocks (blue, green, red).
The Base is
The Trylocks are:
– New Theeland: Central Isle
– Pastel Horizon: Near the Ghost Bridge
– Minorma: In a Chest
– Loquat: Near the Dust Crystal
– The last one is really hard to miss, and in 2D.
The first three of any of those you find will be the Trylocks. The other two will be metacoins.
Now, bring those back to the top of the spire where you entered Dustbound. After talking to Wolgali, entering, and a cutscene, return to Blue Vale Central and speak to the Prism, then spark the top off.
- Loop Hero All Cards Annex List
- Imbroglio: Complete Walkthrough
- WORLD OF HORROR: All Endings Guide
- Kindergarten 2: 100% Walkthrough Day 1-10
- Born of Fire: All Card Lists