A short guide / hint list on Companions you can get in Aeon of Sands
How do you get them?
• two of them are impossible to have as a pair;
• another two, you have to be tricky to have as a pair.
• one you get only if you loose another;
• one you can get only if you don’t trade with it/him/her;
• one you get only if you barter with it/him/her a special item;
• one you get if you try not to do anything;
• one you can get for free, if you hate to read, or after a scuffle, if you get your butt on the floor;
• one you can get if you don’t ask it/him/her too many questions.
A few items that can open / close dialogue paths concerning your potential companions, you may be able to acquire soon after the start in Pantella’s Marketplace!
That is true both if you manage your own supply run, or if you choose to skip it and ask Harro the guard to do it for you.
What do they do?
Some stick to Setrani no matters what, some might react to his wicked behaviour, and leave.
In fact, most of the companions can abandon the party, depending on the choices Setrani takes: in doing so, they often open up new paths in the story.
For instance a character can decide to leave at some point to create a diversion, and as a result, Setrani will visit a different area from the one he would have visited if the companion had remained in the party, or if it/he/she had not been there at all.
• only one can return if at some point it/he/she leaves you;
• most might leave for good;
• some leave, but might return in the same dialogue;
• one will stick with Setrani non matters what.
• one can become a bitter enemy;
• one is very high maintenance, in staying and in leaving.
• one is best suited for range combat and for a bit of comedy;
• one is a serious and well rounded character, if you can manage to treat it/him/her well;
• one is best suited for elemental magic, but carries a nice weapon too;
• one is a melee powerhouse;
• one is a powerful auran spellcaster, that can’t carry an inventory or wear any item;
• one is just too cute, and bites.