- You control the cards and what they target using the number keys
- cards and targets are assigned numbers by the game from left to right.
- the leftmost party member will be “1” (usually the healer) the rightmost party member will be “4” (usually the tank)
- the leftmost monster will be “5” the rightmost monster will be “8”
- key combos start with the card number, then the target
From here on in the guide I’ll refer to these as Party [number] or Monster [number] ( for example: Party 1, Monster 5) and cards as Card [number] (ie Card 2).
A Concrete Example or Two
And I’m about to take my turn in the encounter shown.
“Self” or “all” targeting cards auto-target, so just hit the corresponding number key,:
1 (Card 1 ( Standard Bearer card))
will apply the buffs to the party.
All the other cards will need a target. So if I want to, say, armour the tank, the following key combos
4 , 4 (Card 4 (Intercept card) +Party 4 (target) )
5 , 4 (Card 5 ((intercept card) + Party 4 (target) )
will apply Intercept to Bree
If I want to attack the back monster, the following key combos
2 , 8 (Card 2 (Heavy Strike card) + Monster 8 (target))
3 , 8 (Card 3 (Pummel card) + Monster 8 (target)}
will target the left-most werewolf with the corresponding attack
- if party 3 or monster 7 is dead you’ll need to do another head count or you’ll find the key combos either not doing what you wanted or not working at all, as the game will keep counting actors from the left.
- When there is only 1 monster left standing, you don’t need a target number – offensive cards will start to auto target, so just hitting the card number is enough.
- Across the Obelisk Beginners Guide (General Tips and Boss Fight)
- Across the Obelisk Status Effects & Terminology
- Across the Obelisk Complete Conditions Dealing Guide
- Across the Obelisk Wining Builds for Starting Team
- Across the Obelisk NG+ Walkthrough Guide (Team and Character Build)