if you play Wasteland 3 and want to unlock 100% achievements, this is a quick guide of how to get all achievements in Wasteland 3 that might help you out.
This achievement guide is a work in progress. As the game just came out, some achievements are presently unclear. Some achievements might be listed in the wrong category until there is more clarification about their context. If you want to contribute, please leave a comment below and I’ll update the guide. Thanks in advance.
Due to choices you make in the game that remove some access to items, locations, and characters, you may not be able to get all achievements in a single run, even with saved games.
Also, spoilers! If you think that you won’t be spoiled about various plot points over the course of reading this guide, you are kidding yourself. If you don’t want to be spoiled, you are in the wrong place. It is what it is. You have been warned.
I’m not 100% clear on some of these but I assume most of these are story related. I could be completely wrong. As to whether they can or cannot be missed, I’m still figuring some of those out. The first six appear in a roughly sequential order from the start of the game but after that I’m not sure about the rest.
On Your Own
Your commanding officer was killed in action. It’s your mission now. This takes place at the start of the game when Major Vera Prasad dies. This achievement is unmissable.
You found the Kodiak. Right after Major Vera Prasad dies near the start of the game, you’ll find a large vehicle that allows you to leave the map and proceed to Colorado Springs. Entering the Kodiak will trigger the achievement. This achievement is unmissable.
The New Law
You established a new Ranger HQ in Colorado. This takes place after you interface with the computer at Ranger HQ and stop the alarms. This achievement is unmissable.
The Needs of the Many
You saved the shipment of power armor from the Scar Collectors. This takes place during the mission Heads or Tails, during which you are asked to choose between saving the power armor shipment in Arapaho Caravan or saving the people of Hoon Homestead. It will become available the first time you leave the Ranger HQ to head out on the world map in the Kodiak. You cannot save both locations. Head to Arapaho Caravan and meet the Scar Collectors, then save the shipment of power armor. If you want to also get the Hoon Hero and No Time for Distraction achievements, reload a save game prior to entering the Kodiak to enter the world map for the first time.
You dealt with Erastus Dorsey before he could harm the Hoon family. This takes place during the mission Heads or Tails, during which you are asked to choose between saving the power armor shipment in Arapaho Caravan or saving the people of Hoon Homestead. It will become available the first time you leave the Ranger HQ to head out on the world map in the Kodiak. You cannot save both locations. Head to the Hoon Homestead and save the Hoon family before Erastus Dorsey makes good on his threat. If you’re going for the achievements Double the Fun and Book Learnin’, you might want to make this choice, as some things for those achievements will be unavailable if you choose to save Arapaho Caravan. If you want to also get the Hoon Hero and No Time for Distraction achievements, reload a save game prior to entering the Kodiak to enter the world map for the first time.
No Time for Distractions
You allowed the Hoons to be murdered and the power armor to be stolen. This takes place during the mission Heads or Tails, during which you are asked to choose between saving the power armor shipment in Arapaho Caravan or saving the people of Hoon Homestead. It will become available the first time you leave the Ranger HQ to head out on the world map in the Kodiak. In this case, don’t save the Hoons or save the power armor. You’re a big jerk. I’m not entirely sure how to choose neither but it might be possible that if you enter either the Hoon or Arapaho maps, you automatically have made enough of a choice to void this achievement, so I’d avoid that just in case.
You saved all the hostages in Aspen.
You arrested Victory Buchanan.
Victory Over Victory
You killed Victory Buchanan.
You arrested Valor Buchanan.
You killed Valor Buchanan.
You arrested Liberty Buchanan.
Give Me Liberty, Or…
You killed Liberty Buchanan.
Darius Kwon has offered to join your party. At the start of the game when you first reach Ranger HQ and turn off the alarms, you’ll speak with the Patriarch, who will ask you to speak with Sergei Greatski and Marshal Darius Kwon. When you speak to them, Darius will suggest that he join your party.
Lucia Wesson has offered to join your party.
Fish-Lips has offered to join your party.
Scotchmo has offered to join your party.
Victory Buchanan has offered to join your party.
Pizepi Joren has offered to join your party.
Ironclad Cordite has offered to join your party.
Skill / Upgrade Achievements
A New Home
Unlock all the major room upgrades to Ranger HQ.
Get modded, and be able to install cyborg parts.
Chop Shop Champ
Upgrade your vehicle to the highest level.
Reach level 25. The level cap is 50.
Install 4 weapon mods on a single weapon.
Earn your toaster repair diploma.
Obtain all vehicle upgrades.
Blow up 6 enemies with a single explosive attack. I got this one right at the start of the game with a little luck when Major Vera Prasad gave me access to the Kodiak turret. If you favor targets to the North during the fight, you’ll get left with a nice clump of 5 or 6 baddies to the West and the Kodiak can take them all out with a single shot. This is probably the earliest point to farm this one out but later on there are easier opportunities.
Kill 4 enemies at once with a single shotgun attack.
Shatter a frozen enemy. Still trying to figure this one out. Throwing a snowball at an enemy to put the Frozen modifier on them before killing them doesn’t “shatter” them.
Fire It Up
Kill an enemy with fire damage. This one is really easy and you don’t even need anybody on your team with Explosives knowledge. Just hit an explosive barrel with an enemy beside it. Once the enemy is on fire, shoot them some more to weaken them to a point where they’re close to death. Leave them alone and they’ll eventually die from continued fire damage, which is what triggers the achievement. This can be farmed out early in the game.
Liquefy an enemy with energy damage. Basically you need to defeat an enemy with an energy weapon. These aren’t incredibly easy to find early on but you’ll find some eventually. I was able to farm this out near the start of the game when I first arrived at the Ranger HQ by repairing the Rusted Slicer Dicer in the garage, which initiates a fight with it. It drops a Pulse Gun laser weapon (or at least it did for me the three times in a row I fought it) which you can then equip and use on the dogs near the Cyborg Chicken. If you don’t have a character with 3 skill points in Mechanics, save your game and drop a few spare skills points into Mechanics temporarily. If you don’t have any spare points, run through the Ambush Site again quickly on Easy difficulty while saving up your skill points before entering the Ranger HQ.
Accidentally down one of your own squad members. You’ll need to have friendly fire on for this. If you started the game using Rookie or Wastelander difficulty, this will be disabled but you can farm this out easily by starting a new game on Rookie mode, then customising in friendly fire and shooting one of your own party members during the opening fight.
Give hit-and-run a new meaning. This one is easy to do. Essentially, take the Kodiak and drive over an enemy during a combat encounter. It immediately one shots an enemy. The squishies are real.
Take down a Scorpitron, in proud Ranger tradition.
Kill every living person in Downtown Colorado Springs.
Double the Fun
Bring Billy and Jean all the way to the end of the game. Billy and Jean is a two-headed goat at the Hoon Homestead, just outside Colorado Springs. It will become reachable the first time you leave the Ranger HQ to head out on the world map in the Kodiak, during which you’ll be presented with the quest Heads or Tails. You must make the choice to save Hoon Homestead in order for Billy and Jean to be available. If you save Arapaho Caravan and then return to Hoon Homestead, Billy and Jean will not be available. If you choose to save Hoon Homestead, Billy and Jean will be in a small pen, just behind the Hoon household, just outside the back door. In order to do this, you (or a companion that travels with you) will need the Animal Whisperer skill to be able to tame animals. You’ll need to dismiss any existing animals you currently have trained once you get to Billy and Jean so that you can tame the goat. You’ll need to keep the goat safe for the rest of the game, which probably won’t be easy. This might also make it difficult to complete the Menagerie achievement but I’m not sure. You might be able to dismiss Billy and Jean, temporarily charm a new animal type, then dismiss it and bring Billy and Jean back into the party without messing anything up.
You threw a snowball at an NPC or party member. You can find snowballs in various snow piles. Dig them up, equip them, and toss them at a party member to apply the Frozen modifier to them. You might need to have friendly fire turned on under your difficulty. You can do this one early on in the game when you first arrive at the Ranger HQ. There’s a pile of snowballs just to the right of the path leading to Colorado Springs.
You never made it to Colorado Springs. Basically, your entire party gets wiped out. The easiest way to farm this one up is to start a new game on Nightmare difficulty, pick some default characters, and then immediately walk into the area where the Dorsey warbot arrives during the first fight, repeatedly hitting End Turn until your party is wiped out.
You sat through Quarex’ entire museum tour. When you find Simon the Squatch, speak fully with him, then go speak with Quarex and ask him for a tour of the museum.
What’s In This Thing?
Eat a Clown Burger. Clown burgers are purchasable from Masato at Ranger HQ. They apply +10% CON but they also apply Poisoned. While you can technically eat them, should you?
Currently Unknown / Uncategorized Achievements
Some of these achievements are unclear to me at the moment. My guess is that some of them are story related and cannot be missed but until somebody clears it up or I see them for myself, I’m not positive about the context surrounding some of these.
You assembled Poultron. Sounds like you’re building a robot chicken at some point.
You set off Morningstar’s self-destruct mechanism. Morningstar is a talking vehicle found during the mission Call to Action in Union Station. When you first meet him, he wants to die, so my guess is this involves helping him do that.
You defeated Angela Deth and stopped a coup.
You convinced the Machine Commune that humans can be trusted. Not sure what section this would go into but my guess is it’s story related.
Uncover the darkest of conspiracies.
You answered Morningstar’s call and gave him a new home. Morningstar is a talking vehicle found during the mission Call to Action in Union Station.
New Colorado Order
You deposed the Patriarch and liberated Colorado from his rule.
Team November and the Rangers have taken over Colorado.
You found the Provost. Probably falls under story related achievements.
Resist temptation and never open the Mysterious Case.
Won One for the Gipper
You overwrote Valor Buchanan’s mind with God-President Reagan. Probably falls under story or miscellaneous.
Find all the cassette tapes left around Colorado. Apparently there are 54 of these. These are what I’ve found so far:
– Appears during the opening of the game, in a box near where you find Jodie Bell.
The Automated Chauffeur
– Found in a locker (requires Lockpicking 2) in the garage of the Ranger HQ.
– Found in a container (requires Lockpicking 1) in the South room of Ranger HQ where you first find Del Hackett.
Strike Back Pirate Radio with Brad Conway
– Found in an ammo box in a Bunker at Arapaho Caravan, just outside Colorado Springs. It will become reachable the first time you leave the Ranger HQ to head out on the world map in the Kodiak, during which you’ll be presented with the quest Heads or Tails. The ammo box is behind a locked door that requires Lockpicking 5. In the case of the Double the Fun and Book Learnin’ achievements, you must choose Hoon Homestead in order to complete them but in this case, the cassette will be available whether you choose to save Arapaho Caravan or not.
– Found in downtown Colorado Springs, in the Sherrif’s Station.
Private Do Not Play
– Found in downtown Colorado Springs, in the Machine Shop during the mission Big Trouble in Little Vegas.
Back in the Sack
You collected all STDs in the Wasteland. You know what, I’m not entirely convinced I want to find out the details on this one but I’m going to, because I respect you as a person. I’ll be back when I’ve got chlamydia and can flesh this achievement out in greater detail.
You found every lore book in the game. If this is anything like the Wasteland Historian achievement from Wasteland 2, it sounds like this one might be a giant pain in the butt. At this point, it’s unclear how many pieces of lore there are or where they are. Any help with this one would be greatly appreciated because it’s probably going to be a mess. Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if this achievement gets expanded into it’s own section later on. These are what I know of so far:
– Found in a locked desk at the start of the game in Ranger HQ where the servitor robots are. You enter this room when you first enter the HQ in an attempt to turn off the alarms. In order to open the desk, you need to have Lockpicking at 2 or higher.
– Found in the Med Bay (the room just North of the War Room) in the Ranger HQ on a corpse. Specifically it’s the corpse just beside the large pile of corpses.
Some pieces of lore are not accessible depending on choices you make in the game. Currently, I’m not sure how this affects this achievement or if certain pieces of lore are not counted as part of the achievement.
– Found in a locked room past the Hoon household on the Hoon Homestead map. It will become reachable the first time you leave the Ranger HQ to head out on the world map in the Kodiak, during which you’ll be presented with the quest Heads or Tails. You must make the choice to save Hoon Homestead in order to have access to the area where this lore is found. If you save Arapaho Caravan and then return to Hoon Homestead, the way past the Hoon household to the rooms at the back of the map will be blocked by fallen debris that cannot be passed. If you choose to save Hoon Homestead, there is an area past the Hoon household with a series of interconnected rooms. In order to open doors to the room where the diary is found, you need to have Lockpicking at 6 or higher.
Discover every location on the world map.
Tame at least one of every type of animal companion. In order to do this, you (or a companion that travels with you) will need the Animal Whisperer skill. While you can only tame a single animal and have it tag along with you, you can bring more if multiple characters have the Animal Whisperer skill. If you’re going for this achievement but you have an animal you’re wanting to stick with, dismiss it before you tame an animal, then dismiss the newly tamed animal and ask your favourite pet to continue travelling with you. While I don’t know all the animal types, here is what I’ve seen so far:
– Look out for Major Tomcat (Animal Whisperer 1) at the Ambush Site at the start of the game near Major Vera Persad near the end of the level. If none of the characters you started the game with have Animal Whisperer, you can offer Major Tomcat a cigarette to get him to tag along and then find a companion character later on with the skills to tame additional animals.
– There’s a few dogs (Animal Whisperer 3) just outside Ranger HQ near the Cyborg Chicken.
Amass a collection that would terrify a toy shop owner. This involves collecting the 15 creepy doll heads that appear in the game.
Radical Rachel (+5.0% Explosive Damage Bonus to all party members)
– Located in a container in the NorthWest corner of the Museum (the room just South of the War Room) inside the Ranger HQ.
Keen Karen (+1 Perception to all party members)
– Located in the Garden of the Gods in a large snow pile to the left of the mass grave where the Dorsey’s dumped all the bodies. If you move your camera, you’ll see a way to get under the snow pile and the on the other side you can dig up the dirt pile.
Maneater Maury (+15 CON to all party members)
– Located in a duffel bag in the Parking Garage of the Bizarre Exterior.
♥♥♥♥in’ Fred (+5% Damage vs. Humans to all party members)
– Located in a container in the Makeshift Hospital of the Old Survivalist Bunker.
Lethal Lance (+1 Penetration to all party members)
– Located in a duffel bag to the right of the stage in the Screening Room of the Monster Army Bunker.
Cruel Cory (+5% Damage vs. Animals to all party members)
– Located in a container in the Western White House of the Denver Ruins.
Electric Emmett (+5.0% Energy Damage Bonus to all party members)
– Located in a dirt pile in the East Catwalk of the Machine Commune.
Hearty Henry (+10.0% Healing Bonus to all party members)
– Located in a container in the Bunker in Aspen.
Ferocious Francesca (+5.0% Melee Damage Bonus to all party members)
– Located in a duffel bag in the guest suites of Little Hell.
Zen Zoey (+2% Hit Chance to all party members)
– Located in a dirt pile in the Cabin area of the “Snowed Inn” Resort.
Purist Patty (+5% Damage vs. Mutants to all party members)
– Located in the loot of the destroyed machine at the Abandoned Oil Well in Colorado.
Quick Quaid (+5.0% Sneak Attack Damage to all party members)
– Located on a corpse at the Knox Bison Ranch.
Hyper Heather (+5% Initiative to all party members)
– Located in a locker at the Gang Compound of the Yuma County Speedway.
Nervous Nancy (+0.5 Seconds Detection Time to all party members)
– Located in a dirt pile in the Breakroom of the Department of Energy Site.
Angry Aaron (+5% Crit Resistance to all party members)
– Located in an armor crate at the Godfisher Shrine Summit section of the Godfisher Windfarm.
Beat the game on Easy difficulty.
Beat the game on Normal difficulty.
Beat the game on Hard difficulty.
Beat the game on Hardest difficulty.
- Wasteland 3 All Endings Explained
- Wasteland 3 Animal Companions Guide
- Wasteland 3 Tarjan Tokens Everything You Need to Know
- Wasteland 3 Guide for Starter (Effective Builds, Skill Point Farm)