For Vampire Survivors players who want to transfer your save file from Xbox Game Pass to Steam, this guide will show you how.
- Launch your game from Xbox Game Pass, do one thing that forces save file update (like refunding your powerup points, which you can redistribute with no loss anyways)
- Go to the Xbox Game Pass save for Vampire Survivors located at C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Packages\poncle.VampireSurvivors_9pv5cyp4vwdsr\SystemAppData\wgs\00090000002BEA8F_00000000000000000000000065116356\82F10C2669384B2B906BA3733522A65B (the exact number/letter strings for the last few folders might not be identical to these but they should be nested together like this without any other places to go) and copy the file named 8177857A91F0491085918CE40B0F1500 (or some long string like this). It has no file extension on it.
- Launch Vampire Survivors from Steam to generate the save file locations
- Navigate to the new Steam save file. It is in four different places (which we will get to), I replaced the save file in all four because all four appear in the Steam Cloud list. (You can check your own Steam Cloud saves list at https://store.steampowered.com/account/remotestorage if you’re curious but its not necessary for this save transfer) The first location is at C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Vampire_Survivors\saves
- Paste the copied save file 8177857A91F0491085918CE40B0F1500 here. Rename (or delete if you don’t need it) the existing SaveData.sav file to SaveDataOld.sav or whatever you want to for backup. Rename the long string name save file to SaveData.sav, and then copy that file to your clipboard, leaving this copy behind in the folder. 1 of 4 saves updated.
- Navigate to C:\Users\josep\AppData\Roaming\Vampire_Survivors_184685636 and paste the new SaveData.sav file here, when it asks if it should replace existing, say yes. You have 2 of 4 saves updated now.
- Navigate to C:\Users\josep\AppData\Roaming\Vampire_Survivors_Data and repeat this paste process again. Replace the file there. You have 3 of the 4 saves updated now.
- AND NOW the final step that was driving me crazy, Steam is actually hiding your functional save file somewhere else completely. Navigate to [the drive you have steam on]\Steam\userdata\184685636\1794680\remote which should have a file called SaveData with no file extension. THIS is the file Vampire Survivors loads from. Why all those other files exist, I do not know. But if you don’t replace THIS file, the save won’t get picked up.
- Rename or delete the SaveData file in this folder. Paste the new SaveData.sav file you copied to the other three locations, but this time remove the file extension by renaming it and deleting the .sav from the end. Now 4 of 4 saves have been updated.
- Launch Vampire Survivors from Steam. If it asks you which save file to use (cloud or local) pick Local.
- Enjoy your save file
That’s all we are sharing today in Vampire Survivors How to Move Save File from Xbox Game Pass to Steam, if you have anything to add, please feel free to leave a comment below, you can also read the original article here, all the credits goes to the original author S1DC
- Vampire Survivors Ultimate Custom Skins Guide
- Vampire Survivors How to Unlock Secret Character MissingNo
- Vampire Survivors Item Tier List Guide
- Vampire Survivors How to Unlock New Character Boon Marrabbio
- Vampire Survivors How to Unlock the Secret Character “Exdash”
2 thoughts on “Vampire Survivors How to Move Save File from Xbox Game Pass to Steam”
Amazing tutorial. Thanks! Very well explained
This was very helpful. It worked!
You explained it very well, so it was easy for me to follow the steps.