A guide to unlocking all possible endings for The Church in the Darkness
It’s important to note that murdering/abducting a preacher will supersede your behavior towards Alex, so you can either save or leave him behind to reach these endings. To reach the endings labeled “Leave Alex Behind” or “Get Alex Out”, you need to be sure to take those actions without murdering or abducting the preachers.
- Leaving Alex in Freedom Town unlocks “Left Unfinished”, “Difficult Choices”, “Turns to Ashes”, and “Home” (not shown on chart as it does not align).
- Getting Alex Out of Freedom Town unlocks “Last One Out”, “The Last Door”, “The Nearest Exit”, and “Ties that Bind” (see Peaceful Variations below for more info on this ending).
- Murdering the peaceful preacher unlocks “Bad Life Choices” and “Killer’s Kiss”.
- Murdering the destructive preacher unlocks “Unforgivable” and “In Her Own Mind”.
- Abducting the destructive preacher unlocks “This Bird SIngs” and “Sun through the Jungle”.
Some of the endings don’t follow the pattern exactly, including most of the fourth column (Peaceful). These endings have been marked with a purple star on the chart. See below for how to reach these endings.
- Ending is the Beginning: Unlock 1 ending
- I’ve Always Been Around You: Unlock 10 endings
Most endings in this row are achieved by murdering the peaceful preacher and leaving the destructive preacher to their devices. However, that’s not an option when both preachers are bent on destruction.
To achieve this ending, kill only one of the preachers, and leave the other one behind. You can either take Alex with you or leave him behind.
In a reverse of the above, most of row 4’s endings are reached by murdering the destructive preacher and leaving the peaceful one be. Again, this isn’t an option when both preachers have destructive personalities.
To achieve this ending, kill both of the preachers. You can either take Alex with you or leave him behind.
The other endings in this row are achieved by abducting the destructive preacher, thus preventing them from enacting their plan. Once again, this pattern can’t be applied when both preachers have the same personality.
To achieve this ending, abduct one of the preachers. You can either take Alex with you or leave him behind.
To achieve this ending, you must become a murderer. You can kill one or both of the preachers or Alex to unlock this ending.
As stated above, this ending is unlocked by getting Alex out of Freedom Town. However, since the preachers are peaceful in this scenario, Alex will not want to leave, and the option to have him follow will not appear. Instead, you must subdue him and carry him to the insertion point.
This is an easy ending to reach. Once you talk to Alex and he refuses to leave, simply head back to the insertion point by yourself.
Once you talk to Alex and he tells you where the preachers are located, go talk to Isaac. Do NOT choose to subdue or kill him. Wait for him to invite you to live in Freedom Town, then select Stay when the option appears.
- Satellite: All Endings Guide
- Earthworms: Different Endings Guide
- Vampyr Guide of All Endings (2 Good Endings, 2 Bad Endings)
- Dating Life: Miley X Emily – 100% Achievements Guide
- ATRI -My Dear Moments- Complete Walkthrough (True Ending)