If you play The Ascent and you save file just got corrupted, this may or may not work but it’s definitely worth trying, you simply download the steam cloud save file and put it in the save folder.
How to Solve Corrupted Save File
1. Go to https://store.steampowered.com/account/remotestorage and download your cloud file.
2. Browse to C:\Users\-yourusername-\AppData\Local\TheAscent\Saved\SaveGames – this folder might be hidden by default in windows.
3. Backup any save file you may have in that folder (duplicate it)
4. Paste the downloaded file with the name SaveProfiles.sav in the folder.
I have not tested it myself but if it works for anyone that is awesome. If not you can always create a copy of the save yourself while playing, not ideal but you won’t loose all the progress should it get corrupted.
- The Ascent How to Transfer Game Pass Save to Steam
- The Ascent How to Fix Stuttering For DX12
- The Ascent How to Fix Ultrawide Monitors FOV
- The Ascent How to Disable the Intro
- The Ascent Fast Suicide Guide (For 100 Deaths Achievement)