For Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge players, this guide will provide you a list of damage for each character’s moves with notes for moves with special features.
This was all tested in game compared to using the first hit of a jab as a comparision.
Controls are listed based on an Xbox layout:
- A – Jump
- X – Attack
- Y – Special
- B – Backflip
Most attacks cause enemies to do a standing flinch from being hit. Moves that causes knockdown or knock away are noted.
- Low knockdown means follow-up is almost impossible
- knockdown leave a small window for follow-up before the enemy touches the ground and becomes invulnerable
- high knockdown pops the enemy up to head level, and they bounce once off the ground before landing and becoming invulnerable.
While I haven’t been able to get consistent frame data for everyone’s X X X X combo, there are a few things of note:
- Holding a direction to start the first hit does a lunge, which is slower then a standing jab but gets more reach and gives some vertical travel.
- April, Mikey, and Raph can usually get all 4 hits on a boss during hit stun and get away.
- Leo and Casey and usually get all 4 hits on bosses during hit stun, but they’ll probably get hit for it.
- Don and Splinter rarely get their 4th hit before the boss retaliates from hit stun.
- Startup for the first standing jab seems to range from hitting on frame 3 to frame 11, with the slower attackers being at the disadvantage.
INSTANT CHARGE ATTACK
All characters can get a full charge instantly after a full X X X X combo or a backflip attack (B+A). In both cases the button must be held on the last attack input. Doing so correctly your character will enter the charge state and immediately ‘DING’ for a full charge. Easy for backflip (only 1 button press), but requires a little more finesse on the 4 hit string.
Raph can’t do this to standard enemies, as his backflip hit has huge knockback. But he does get 1 extra damage out of it when they won’t fly away, like on bosses.
RISING ATTACK IFRAMES
Doing the rising attack seems to give iframes (invincibility) until the apex of the jump is reached. It’s possible to activate this attack somewhere between 1-4 frames of input. This is why it seems to work as an ‘escape’ from some boss attacks.
1.52 seconds (112 frames) Mikey
1.57 seconds (117 frames) Splinter
2.11 seconds (131 frames) April
2.18 seconds (138 frames) Leo
2.28 seconds (148 frames) Don
2.40 seconds (160 frames) Casey
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge 100% Achievement Guide
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge Achievement No Need for Mutagen!
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge Remote Play with Keyboard