SCP: Secret Laboratory (SCP: SL) is a free-to-play multiplayer horror game heavily based on the SCP Foundation series and its expanded universe of monsters and paranormal phenomena. here is a full guide on how to fix the Microphone or voice chat not working issues.
How to Fix “Voice Chat & Microphone Not Working” Issue?
The first thing to check is if your mic is set as your default device. to do that follow this guide:\ Changing default sound input device in Windows 10
If the above doesn’t work also make sure that “Exclusive mode” is disabled on your mic. Follow this guide to do that: How do I turn off exclusive mode for a Windows Audio Playback Device
If the above 2 do not help installing mono can fix this issue. To install mono simply:
- Right click SCP:SL in Steam and click properties.
- Navigate to the “Local Files” tab.
- Click the “Browse Local Files” button
- Run the file named “mono” or “mono.msi” if you have file extensions turned on. (Do not run monoinstall.vdf)
- Go through the mono install wizzard and when it’s finished restart your PC.
If you still have no voice chat, look at your log from point 15 and you find this:
- “Important system file that is needed for voice chat is missing, please install all windows updates.” You have to install the updates either by using Windows Update tool and installing all updates (preferred), or by > installing them manually.
One last thing you can try is to go to the games folder, open the SCPCL_Data folder and delete AudioPluginDissonance then verify the games integrity.
Credit to FAQ
You have to go into windows setting and put your Voicemod input in “default” because instead of making options to change mic like any other game, this game just use the default entry so there you go.
1. On desktop in lower right corner click RMB on speaker.
2. Click on “Recording devices”
3. If you have got more than 1 microhone click RMB on real microphone and set it default device and default chat device.
4. If you still get problems download mono library for x86 and x64 : http://www.mono-project.com/download/
That’s all my share about “SCP Secret Laboratory How to Fix Mic & Voice Not Working Issues”. if these solutions still not work for you. you can leave a comment below.