How to Installation
Or you can go into the d3dx.ini file, find where it says “ResourceReplaceTexture” and use new files of different types (jpg, png, dds…). Note that different file types will cause the character to have slightly different appearances in game. DDS textures will get you closest to the original in game look.
If you want to swap textures while the game is running, find “hunting = 0” in d3dx.ini and set it to 2. Then, while in game, you can load the new textures in with F10. This might incur a performance hit so the default is to have it off.
–For reference this mod was tested on a Nvidia graphics card.
- -This change is meant to change character appearance in the field. There may be other areas where the change isn’t applied correctly.(Hideout, some pause screens)
- -Colors in texture change might appear slightly differently in game depending on what other shaders are used in the game at the time (Color of textures in field and in menu might appear different)
- -In field textures of other characters will appear as though they have a light blinking/flickering on them.
- -Original skin texture under certain lighting conditions may bleed through
- -Hair texture changes are disabled by default, due to it changing multiple characters’ hair color at once.
- -To enable it, go into d3dx.ini and find places where it says “ResourceReplaceTexture4” and uncomment the line by removing the “;”
- -Small amounts of lights/color on other objects may be affected.
That’s all we are sharing today in SCARLET NEXUS Kasane Texture Replacement, if you have anything to add, please feel free to leave a comment below, you can also read the original article here, all the credits goes to the original author kou153 and the Mod creator tenshiken1.
- SCARLET NEXUS Materials Guide (Search, Types, Rarities and More)
- SCARLET NEXUS Mimi’s Secret Passwords
- SCARLET NEXUS How to View and Complete Side-Quests