Hi! I’m here to help you with those errors.
This fix is gonna be long so prepare yourself for quite a work (: ]
1.Delete documets folder
Press the Windows+R button Type %temp% to delete all the temporary files. Go to Documents > Rockstar Games > RDR2 > Settings folder > delete the system.XML file and launch the game.
2. Antivirus and Clean Boot
This issue could be caused by a program running in the background. Please disable firewall and antivirus/shut down all unnecessary programs and attempt to play. If this doesn’t solve your issue, please do a clean boot by following the steps below:
Type “msconfig” in the Cortana Search Box and then click on MSConfig (Run Command) On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox, and then tap or click Disable all. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager. On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable. Close Task Manager. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer.
3. Perform the Winsock reset
Performing a Winsock Reset on your system will clear the Winsock Catalog, and can sometimes help with general network related issues for the game.
To run these networking commands in a command prompt window to reset your PC network settings:
1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes
2. At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
- Type netsh Winsock reset and press Enter
- Type netsh int IP reset and press Enter
- Type ipconfig /release and press Enter
- Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter
4. Change your DNS settings
Open the “Control Panel” Click on “Network and Internet” Click on “Network and Sharing Center” On the left pane, click on “Change adapter settings” Right-click the network interface connected to the internet, and select “Properties” Select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” from the list and click the “Properties” button Click the “Use the following DNS server addresses” option Type “Preferred DNS” as 22.214.171.124 and “Alternate DNS” as 126.96.36.199 Click “OK” Select “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” from the list and click the “Properties” button Type “Preferred DNS” as 2001:4860:4860::8888 and “Alternate DNS” as 2001:4860:4860::8844 Click “OK” Click “Close” to apply the new DNS settings to the adapter
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How to Fix “Washed Out” HDR for Nvidia Users
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Default Keyboard Commands
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Optimized Settings
- Red Dead Redemption 2 How to Level Naturalist Fast and Easy
- Red Dead Redemption 2: 100% Achievement Guide