For Persona 5 Tactica players who want to level up fast, this guide will show you how to farm efficient exp.
The maximum level is 99, which also unlocks the Unparalleled Growth achievement. It is recommended to merge the personas later in the game and have them ready for the second playthrough to get more exp immediately.
EXP Farm Guide
We will use the RE-fusing and transferring abilities mechanics in P5T to create the ultimate grinding Persona, so first you have some notes right here:
- Firstly, you can have the same Persona ability across 3 different Persona and characters, and have their effects stack.
- However, you can’t have 2 of the same Persona ability on one Persona.
- But you can have 2 of the same type of Persona ability on one Persona.
So for XP, the best Persona abilities are:
- Tam Lin – Efficiency Aficionado – Increases EXP gained in battle.
- Dionysus – Knack for Conflict – Greatly increases EXP gained in battle.
In order to make one Persona with both of those abilities, you need to do the following fuse:
- Dionysus (with Efficiency Aficionado & Knack for Conflict):
- Cait Sith + High Pixie + Leanan Sidhe = Tam Lin
- Tam Lin + Thor = Ganesha (carry over Efficiency Aficionado)
- Ganesha + Mother Harlot (or Alilat) = Dionysus (carry over Efficiency Aficionado)
Use that Persona with one of you active characters, and then choose some other form of Dionysus fuses and carry over Knack for Conflict for the other 2 characters, and you will be gained a couple of levels per mission.
During a regular playthrough you will reach about level 80. An easy way to reach max level afterwards is replaying mission 43.
You can finish Mission 43 very quickly with the following method:
- With Ryuji run straight to the single enemy on the right and use his strongest Persona Skill to them.
- With Yusuke use Crystal Bloom on the big enemy on the right side of the path in the middle. It will kill him and the other big guy above and push the small enemy there towards the left wall. It will also get rid of the bombs blocking the path.
- Ann does the rest of the work for this mission. Start with using Hellfire on one of the middle path which will grant you ‘One More’.
- During ‘One More’ take care of the single enemy in the back right of the map. Killing him will spawn 6 more enemies with it still being your turn.
- Using Hellfire again you can kill all 4 enemies next to you at the same time
- After that run around the corner and use Hellfire again to kill the 2 enemies there
With that method you can finish the map in just 6 moves (only 1 turn) and when you have 3 EXP Personas equipped you will gain about 1.5 level-ups, even at level 90+, in just about 2-3 minutes. Reaching max level doesn’t take very long, but keep in mind you will have to reach level 91 in New Game + anyway to fuse the highest NG+ exclusive Persona. Therefore, it would be most efficient to save the grind until New Game+.