For Mass Effect Legendary Edition players, if have started playing the Mass Effect 1 and having the problem of mouse acceleration, this guide will explain how to fix it.
Mass Effect Mouse Fix 1.1 – PC gaming Wiki
To fix the mouse acceleration in Mass Effect 1, you most download the Mass Effect Mouse Fix 1.1 for the original port in the PC Gaming Wiki here – https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/841-mass-effect-mouse-fix/
1) Extract the file dinput8.dll to your main game folder. For example: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mass Effect\Binaries\”
I’m trying the classic FOV fixes to see if any of those work, I will update this guide if they do!
EDIT – My mouse sens in combat mode seems higher than regular, but my ADS sens seems fine. Not sure if the patch needs an extra tweak for the legendary edition, but it’s a lot better than what the game came with.
EDIT 2 – Old FOV fixes don’t work, but someone has posted a workaround with Cheat Engine
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition How to Change FOV in ME1
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition How to Fix Audio Problem
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition How to Fix Surround Sound in ME1
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Quasar Profits Guide
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Trilogy Achievement Guide