Light In The Dark is a short story about a girl who lives with her abusive mother. The girl finds out some dark secrets about her mother, and she has to find a way to escape the house. This is a walkthrough for a Light in the Dark.
A short expository introduction will play where you will learn about Perdita and her Mother.
The game will then start with the Mother coming down to the cellar where Perdita lives.
- She is hungry. Grab an apple from the basket of fruits and give it to her. If you try to go upstairs or do anything else, Mother will yell and get upset.
- Mother will leave to go play the piano and be left alone. Go ahead and save your game using the fireplace. A short scene will play, and you will wake up to Mother yelling for you to bring her water.
- Grab the jug of water and walk up to the main family room.
- Here, we can notice and interact with a few objects you will need for later.
- Move the chair to obtain the teddy bear atop of the armory.
- Next, walk over to the frame on the table. It’s a picture of a girl holding a teddy bear. Flip it over to reveal the name Adalie. Remember that.
- Finally, we cannot do much with the clock on the wall, so let’s put a check on it for later as well.
- Bring the water up to Mother.
- After Mother passes out, take her Diary.
- Interact with the frame painting. Then, go back to the cellar and save your game by the fireplace.
- Wake up. Go to the family room.
- After Mother leaves, take the tinder box on the table.
- Interact with the bookcase on Mother’s floor to obtain the key to her room.
- Interact with the framed painting.
- Go back down to the cellar.
- Examine the secret compartment in the cellar.
- Use the wind-up key on the clock.
- Enter secret room. Use a match to light the candles.
- Go down to the basement.
- Open coffin. Talk to skeleton, name it: “Adalie.”
- Give teddy bear to Adalie.
- Take Adalie’s Diary.
- Exit secret room, then use the Music Box on red-eyed Mother.
I personally would save here, in case you fall prey to Mother during the final chase scene. You won’t be able to save using the fireplace, however, so you need to hit ‘ESC,’ and save.
- Use Master Key to go outside.
- Avoid the trees and light posts and escape Mother!
Written by Malkavian