Guide on forcing camera motion blur via a configuration file edit
Disclaimer – before you start
So with my very recent recurrence of interest in the game, I’ve looked into this a bit more.
The regular motion blur setting in the game settings hardly does anything; the amount of blurring applied even during very fast paced turns is so minimal, it doesn’t aid in motion fluidity at all, only very, very slightly de-sharpens the image.
The tweaks below are what I’ve been able to find / make work for myself.
They ONLY enable CAMERA driven motion blur.
I haven’t been able to find a way to activate object motion blur, but camera motion blur does the job for me.
To elaborate: you only get motion blur when camera moves, rotates or shakes ( when you move or shoot too ), but not when you’re completely static.
I’ve tried to get some understanding of the values / settings – to best I could, for now at least – and to provide reasonable description.
Some info regarding Motion Blur Post Process Effect can be found on UDK documentation site here, however, it is not KF2-specific.
All of these variables exist in the ini file to begin with; you can find them via search.
- false corresponds to “off” setting in the video options menu
- this specifically enables the camera motion blur (not present in the options menu)
- 0 corresponds to “off” setting in the video options menu
- 1 corresponds to “on” setting in the video options menu
- amount (scale) of motion blur
- contrary to my initial assumptions, this is not the shutter angle / length, but the scale/multiplier for the effect. Default is 0.8, which felt too much; I dropped it to 0.1 and still get decent amount of blur
- the other one, MotionBlurDynamicScale, doesn’t seem to do anything
Share your experience if you want.
(Myself I’m currently on 1080Ti at 3840×2160, 60hz with vsync on, settings are mostly Ultra except unimportant stuff like filtering,shadows and reflections. FleX off.)
no blur (only default motion blur)
with camera blur
More screenshots from game:
- Night of the Dead How to Disable Motion Blur
- State of Decay 2: How to Turn off Film Grain, Motion Blur, Lens Flares, Depth of Field
- STAR WARS™: Squadrons How To Disable Motion Blur
- Devolverland Expo Settings Guide (Disable Motion Blur, Mouse Sensitivity, FOV)
- 404Sight: Low FPS Fixed