For Icarus players who want to credits and exotics, this is a small guide to getting 150 Credits and 15-60 Exotics in about 10-12 min. Let’s check out how.
Note 2: English is not my first language, if there are mistakes and poorly worded sentences, I apologize. 😉
Preparing and choosing a route
To complete this quest as quickly as possible, you must have at least the first pickaxe (MXC PICKAXE) from the Workshop, and as a maximum – speed modules (preferably two), Envirosuit with two module slots, Carbon Armor Set, Container of water (water is usually sufficient from berries and watermelons, and you can also drink in the cave where we are going), talents for movement speed, movement speed with a knife or bows or spears, maximum stamina, stamina regeneration, mining radius and attack speed with pickaxes.
No matter which route you choose, they are about the same time, the only thing on the bottom route (green) more often appear polar bears in tight places and if you do not have Carbon Armor Set you will start to freeze slowly, but it is not critical. On the top route (yellow) there are places where you can unluckily fall and break your legs, be careful.
The blue route is optional, if you don’t particularly need exotics you can skip it, either way you get about 13-31 exotics in the quest cave (red triangle on the map).
The way to the cave
- As you disembark from the shuttle, immediately run along the route of your choice and along the way gather enough Oxite (~15) to replenish your oxygen, berries (~6) and watermelons (~6) to increase your stamina.
- On the route be careful, there are often wolves, bears, there will be 1-3 worms in the cave, as well as places where you can break your legs from falling.
- Before you get all the exotics in the cave, other exotics will not appear in other places.
- The cave usually has one place with exotics, very rarely two, the cave itself can be either open or closed.
Instant Return to the Shuttle
If you do not need more exotics, WHILE IN THE CAVE press ESC > UNSTUCK > YES, then you will be teleported directly to the shuttle, wait for the world to load and exit the shuttle, load the exotics into the cargo bay and wait for the mission to complete, then you can take off.
…crawl out from either side and go on to the blue marker, there are more exotics on top of the ice…
…roll down and run to the orange marker, there is a recess in which there is another exotic, and also in this place you can teleport directly to the shuttle, being in the place where you mining the last exotic, press ESC > UNSTUCK > YES, then you will be teleported directly to the shuttle, wait until the world loads and exit it, load the exotic into the cargo bay and wait for the mission to complete, then you can take off.
- Icarus Save Data Location Guide
- Icarus Tips and Tricks for Beginners
- Icarus Credits Farming Guide (250+ Credits Per Hour)
- Icarus How to Fully Skip Intro Video
- Icarus Early Game Levels Guide (Levels 1-10)