For Hogwarts Legacy players, this guide will show you how to remove shader compilation on startup which seems to be fake because nothing changed when it’s removed.
The mod removes shader compilation step done by the game on startup. No visible drawbacks were observed after removing it, so it seems like the progress bar and the whole process is a fake.
How to install:
1. Run the game and set everything up to your preferences.
2. Navigate to “C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME HERE]\AppData\Local\Hogwarts Legacy\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\”
3. Replace Engine.ini in the folder with the one from inside the mod’s archive.
4. Open GameUserSettings.ini (windows notepad will do – right click and use “open with”). Navigate to the end of the file and locate this text:
Change it to
Save and close the file and set it to “read-only” (right click the file for options).
Run the game. You should see no shader compilation progress bar. If you still see it, check everything again and make sure you did edit and change the attributes correctly.
Note: Since your user settings file is now read only, your changes to most settings in-game won’t stick, hence, be careful setting everything up in advance!
- Hogwarts Legacy How to Fix Stuttering
- Hogwarts Legacy Best FPS Settings Guide
- Hogwarts Legacy How to Pick Locks
- Hogwarts Legacy How to Restore Exclusive Content
- Hogwarts Legacy How to Enable Real Fullscreen Mode