For Hardspace: Shipbreaker players, this is a guide briefly describing various bugs and some of the more common difficulties folks may have in game and how to deal with them.
Ship lost after closing the game
The feature is on the road map though.
Second shift and more
This is a known bug without a current workaround. It is being investigated.
There are two separate bugs here:
1. Swap to the split-saw and toggle it a few times. This should reset whatever bug is causing the issue.
2. If you selected the option to enter the HAB and hit a key other than that to end the shift and enter the HAB you have unfortunately broken the menu system. To exit at this point you will have to abandon the shift.
See Javelin Cockpit section
Edit: The aluminum panel can be cut safely now. If you want to collect it continue cutting the constructor beams
Stinger the constructor beams surrounding the panel behind the ECU
Make a clear path and tether the ECU to the barge.
Once the combo enters the barge you can safely pull pipes (after draining them), aluminum, and coolant cans if you so desire.
Stinger away this small section of glass and the cockpit will depressurize safely.
Javelin Caged fuel tanks
No option to open the kiosk console? Whip out your Split-Saw and toggle it a few times. The console should now be available.
2. Console selection bugged:
If you can open the console but can’t select and purchase anything, use your [w][a][s][d] keys to navigate the menu and [space] to make purchases. This bug occurs on 2nd shifts and higher.
Edit: Cable junctions can currently be grappled free, loosening any attached power cell relatively safely
Cut these cut points to free the cables. There’s a lot of them so I recommend carefully aiming the split-saw one at a time.
When all cut points are cut that surround each section of cable, the cable section will be detached and furnace-able.
Grapple pull either the internal or external Access Panel from the Radiation Containment Unit.
Stinger the cut points surrounding the Radiation Filter.
The Radiation Filter is now free, be careful though it’s very fragile.
Move all loose objects through the airlock if you want to safely depressurize the Salvage Runner. This will take some time. The fastest option is to accept losses from depressurization explosions or work on a different vessel.
UI quick look
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker How to Safely Dismantle the Quasar Thrusters of the Atlas Class Ships
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker The Mackerel – Fish Dissection 101
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker How to Safely Salvage the ECU guide
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker All Material Value List
- Hardspace: Shipbreaker Shipbreaking Guide (All Ship Types)