If you play Gujian 3 and the game just keep stuttering, this guide will explain why and show you how to solve the stuttering porblem, Let’s check it out.
Accept the 3 truths
Accept Exclusive FullscreenBy default the game is windowed and gsync doesn’t work, it also just makes 2 and 3 easier.
Sadly, while the game works properly at high frame-rates, logic wise, the camera doesn’t update properly past 60FPS and will always stutter. That’s why the frame-times are actually fine out the gate in spite of the stutter, because it’s the engine itself.
You also need to force the refresh rate to match, otherwise, every fixed time interval depending on your actual refresh rate, you will get a single “skip” because the refresh rate ticks aren’t aligned with the frame-rate “on every beat”.
TL;DR use SpecialK
Force Exclusive Fullscreen, 60FPS cap and 60Hz refresh rate, and the game will run completely smoothly.
1. Install SpecialK SKIM64 and migrate to the Test branch (after installation, switch branch in Special K Install Manager).
Start the game with SpecialK injection on, just leave it in the tray running. SpecialK creates a profile for the game, the shortcut to open the GUI in-game is Ctrl + Shift + Backspace. There you can turn on the frame-rate limit which is already 60FPS by default under “frame limiting”.
2. I prefer to force fullscreen in the .ini as it’s usually smoother than trying to force it while games are running. Go to C:\Users\username\Documents\My Mods\SpecialK\Profiles\古剑奇谭三(Gujian3) (or wherever you installed SpecialK) and edit SpecialK.ini, set: ForceFullscreen=true. You also need to force 60Hz in the same file: RefreshRate=60.
That’s all we are sharing today in Gujian 3 How to Fix Stuttering Issue (Use SpecialK), if there are anything you want to add please feel free to leave a comment below and we’ll see you soon.
Credit to thatsage
- Chex Quest HD How to Unlock Framerate Limit (Get Higher Framerate )
- DEAD OR ALIVE 6: How to Fix Audio Out of Sync
- Kritika:REBOOT – How to Remove 100 FPS CAP
- Valheim How to Fix Dedicated Server Desync/Lag (uMod)
- Sonic Generations: How to Limit to 30FPS(Nvidia)