Tools & Ghosts Types
In the game there are currently 8 different ghosts that you will have to catch in order to complete your mission. Each ghost type have their own weaknesses depending on the age and mood. The tools given to you in the Van will help you figure out what type, age, and mood the ghost is.Tools
I will be grouping some of the tools together because the ones selected will help you determine either the ghost’s type, age, or mood.
These tools will help you determine what type of ghost it is.
- Thermometer – The thermometer has 4 selections you can choose from. Go around the map with it in hand and detect the temperature of the ghost that you are looking for.
- EMF Sensor – The EMF, again, has 4 selections you can choose from. Go around the map with it in hand and detect what level of EMF the ghost is giving off.
- UV Flashlight – The UV Flashlight, you guessed it, has 4 selections you can choose from. Go around the map with it flashing the floor to see what symbol you can find. (Tip: Once you have determined the Thermometer and EMF Sensor, you won’t really need to find footprints with the UV Light.)
These tools will help you determine the Ghost’s age.
- Particle Counter – The Particle Counter has 2 selections you can choose from. Go around the map with it to complete it to 100% and it will give you the selection you need.
- Ouija Board – The Ouija Board has 3 selections you can choose from. When the ghost has crossed paths with it or is near it the triangle piece will either go side to side or randomly all over the board. Sometimes the ghost will not respond to the Ouija Board as well so keep that in mind.
These tools will help you determine the Ghost’s mood.
- Radio – The radio has 2 selections you can choose from. Go around the map with the Radio while holding (V) asking “Can you talk” to determine if the ghost is crying or growling.
- VooDoo Doll – The Doll has 3 selections you can choose from. Just like the Ouija Board, the ghost sometimes will not respond to the doll as well. When it crosses paths or is near the ghosts, the doll will either get thrown or be lifted by the ghosts. The doll must be placed on the ground for it to work.
These tools will help you fend off a ghosts attack.
- Plasma Absorber – When you sense that a ghost is about to attack, go near Plasma Absorber for it to protect you. (Tip: It won’t protect you from all ghosts attack.)
- Withering Light – Same thing as the Plasma Absorber.
- Christ Statue – The Christ Statue has three charges that will fend off the ghost when it is about to attack you. Once the ghost does attack you, one of the three charges will be used. After three uses the Statue will be destroyed. Make sure to be holding the item for it to protect you.
- Incense – Same as Christ Statue.
- Cross – Same as Christ Statue.
These tools will help you weakened the ghosts once you have determined the ghost type, age, and mood. (Tip: Once you see the ghosts appear, just left click and throw the item at the ghost.)
- Holy Fire
- Holy Water
- Golden Bomb
- Silver Bomb
- Holy Salt
- Fire Salt
The last remaining tool that I will mention is the Ghost Catcher.
- Ghost Catcher (Pokeball) – Once you have completed weakening the ghost, left click and throw the Ghost Catcher at the ghost to catch it.
The rest of the tools aren’t really necessary for you to complete your mission so I’m not gonna go in depth with them. Also they are pretty self explanatory.
When you first load into the game your objective is to find out the ghost type, age, and mood. The game already gives you all the tools that are necessary to determine them. How you want to play the game is up to you but this is my how-to guide on the game play.
Go determine what the ghost type, age, and mood is with the tools that are given to you already in the van.
(Optional) – You can look at the tasks board and go do the tasks that the board asks for some extra cash.
Once you have determined the ghost type, age, and mood. You can click on “weakening the ghost” and a list of tasks will pop up for you to follow. You must do each tasks in order for the ghost to be weakened enough for you to capture it.
Once you have completed every single tasks that the lists asks for, the ghost will finally be weakened enough for you to throw the ghost catcher (Pokeball) at it. Congratulations, you’ve caught the ghost!