The game crashing issue is really annoying for us. This guide will hopefully fix crashing after the intro cutscene in Fallout New Vegas game.
(Extract everything in the archive to your F:NV root folder, ([DRIVE]\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas)
You must’ve run F:NV at least once; open the launcher and press play then, on the main menu, press quit.
Install and run “Sort Load order” on the top bar, make sure you’re doing it to Fallout New Vegas! (You should do it to all your Bethesda games)
How to Fix Game Crash after Intro in Fallout New Vegas game? (6 Methods)
Disabled vertical Sync in the options. here is the simple method for you. however, it only work for a few players.
Go over to this Nexus page and download manually, extract it with WinRar or 7zip or something to your F:NV root folder (Default is [DRIVE\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas), Alternatively, right click on F:NV in Steam, go to properties, local files and browse local files. Once you’ve put d3d9.dll in your F:NV folder, try starting a new game. If it works, great! Power to you! (This one worked for me with a GTX 1070)
If that still doesn’t work, try the d3d9.dll generator.
Credit to Cale Dooper(Method 2-4)
After downloading extract the file to the game’s folder(example:C:/Program Filesx86/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Fallout New Vegas)
Credit to HatterZA
1.Install NVSE from here.
2. copy files to game directory, “fallout new vegas” folder, where the game .exe is
3. you dont have to start game via nvse .exe anymore, you can run game regulary now through steam, it will recognize it.
4. to make sure you installed nvse correctly, go to main menu, open console (tilde key), type “GetNVSEVersion”, and press enter, it should say its version 5, if it does not, try this again
5. download first optional file ONLY (no main file needed) “BETA VERSION – NVAC – New Vegas Anti Crash”
6. unrar file you downloaded, it will be called nvac.dll
7. place it in Fallout New Vegas/Data/NVSE/Plugins
8. start game now
Credit to weedian
That’s all we share about “How to Fix Game Crash after Intro in Fallout New Vegas game”, there are totally 6 method for you to fix this issues. it seems that there is not a 100% work method for everyone. each method will work for some players. if you want to fix this annoying issue. you need to try the 6 method as you find one method for you.