This Factorio quick start base will fast forward your base up to robots and blue science. There are 7 steps to prioritize your efforts on the critical parts.
- Early game starter base – Main goal of this base is to start producing robots.
- Main bus – To finish all finite research and to support materials while building your megabase
- Rail blocks / Megabase
Designing blueprints to improve my gaming experience is my hobby and one of these blueprints is the Quick Start Base. This blueprint book lets you fast-forward the early game which is boring IMO.
You can use this on your single-player games to keep your focus on critical things and start automating as soon as possible. If you start a new multiplayer map, this becomes a lot more useful because everyone will be aware of the master plan and where to build it.
- 30 iron plates/sec. ( Extendable to 60/s with Smelting Extension BP)
- 15 copper plates/sec. ( Extendable to 30/s with Smelting Extension BP )
- 1.5 steel plate/sec. ( Extendable to 3/s with Smelting Extension BP )
- 7.5 stone bricks/sec.
All smelting output can be doubled further with upgrading to red belts and steel furnaces
Production 1 – Bootstrap Base
This is the initial blueprint that you need to place. All other blueprints will be placed on top of this.
With this blueprint you’ll be able to automate the items that are crutial beginning expansion
- Electronic circuit
- Yellow Belts
- Electric miner
- Long-handed inserter
- Assembling machine 1
Production 2 – Core Production
These items will also be automized with this stage:
- Red Belts
- Electric miner
- Fast inserter
- Filter inserter
- Steel furnace
- Steel chest
- Medium & Big electric pole
- Assembling machine 2
- Rail & Signals & Train stop
Production 3 – Science Lab Expansion
Production 4 – Military Addon
- Firearm magazine
- Piercing rounds magazine
- Gun turret
If you disabled enemies, you won’t need to build this addon.
Production 5 – Chemical Addon
With this you’ll be able to automate two critical items Advanced circuit (red chips) and Chemical Science (Blue science) along with other chemical and fluid related items.
- Chemical Science (Blue science)
- Basic oil processing
- Advanced circuit
- Engine unit
- Pipe to ground
Production 6 – Robotics & Advanced Production
With this blueprint you’ll produce everything you need to start your main bus / megabase.
Here is the list of items that are included in this blueprint
- Advanced oil processing
- Heavy & Light oil cracking
- More Advanced circuit
- Electric engine unit
- Flying robot frame
- Construction robot
- Logistic robot
- Storage and Passive provider chests
- Solar panel
- Repair pack
- Oil refinery
- Chemical plant
Production 7 – Concrete Addon
Beside crafting nuclear reactor, these items are completely optional and up to you to build or not.
- Hazard concrete
- Refined concrete
- Refined hazard concrete
- 1 Automation science pack (red) / sec.
- 1 Logistic science pack (green) / sec.
- 0.5 Military science pack (gray) / sec. (Military Addon BP)
- 0.5 Chemical science pack (blue) / sec. (Chemical Addon BP)
- 15 Science labs (60 with Science Addon BP)
- Buffer for science packs (You can delete the chests/inserters if you don’t want to buffer)
Download & Notes
- All intermediate products have storage chests to store material for handcrafting additional items.
- I recommend upgrading assemblers to tier 2 (blue) ones. Especially for Electronic circuit and Iron gear wheel production
- All blueprints are aligned to grid to make it easy to upgrade. They also has a hazard concrete border around them. You shouldn’t build anything extra inside this border to make sure that future upgrades can be placed without issues.
For the max production capacity you can upgrade
- All assemblers to tier 2 (blue)
- Inserters that are used for assemblers to blue
- Stone furnaces to Steel furnace
- Belts, undergrounds, splitters to red
- Re-organized chemical production to have more Advanced circuit production. ( Now there are 12 assembles instead of 6 )
- Re-organized some factories & belts to require less material to build.
- Optimized roboport locations to cover more logistics area
- Moved some power poles to make it more OCD friendly
v5.0.1 ( November 1, 2021 )
- Fixed missing power and coal connection on the boot blueprint
v5.0.0 ( November 1, 2021 )
- Split the base blueprint into two stages.
- With this; you’ll build the most necessary parts first, then expand further.
- Added stone furnace production.
- Added border concrete.
- So you’ll know the full size of the base with all add-ons attached. Also, this makes snapping add-ons easier.
- Added a new addon for concrete products.
- Re-designed robotics addon.
- Moved solar production to robotics addon.
- Added roboport production.
- Added logistics bot production. Also, the first 50 robots will be loaded into the roboport.
- Added substation production.
- Added passive provider and storage chest production.
- Added chemical plant and oil refinery production.
- Added production for most used combinators.
- Separated blue and purple inserter chests.
- Optimized some belts to carry different items on each side.
- Made some additional bug fixes and place optimizations.
- Updated blueprints with power network. They will stay pretty after you place new addons on top of each other.